Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 180 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We are searching for a QA Engineer! Working from our Odessa office, you’ll play a key role in building and shaping key features that millions of people use every day.
• Drive QA for feature and product teams
• Test and report app performance, usability, and hardware/software compatibility
• Participate in release processes for the entire company
• Drive bug prioritization and work cross-functionally with engineering/design
• Write and maintain automated test procedures using our in-house automation framework
• Drive test planning efforts, and participate in spec and design review, providing insights based on product knowledge and end user interaction
• Work closely with Customer Operations and other internal teams to triage incidents and drive resolution when necessary
• Provide technical support to internal team members
• Host and manage internal company test sessions and dogfooding
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any related technical field
• Experience with agile test tools and methodologies
• Experience in managing releases and driving features from specification design and review to a successful release
• Experience in QA coverage for native iOS and Android apps as well as web apps
• Passion for mobile, especially applications on phones and tablets
• Experience working in a distributed product-team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of photo/video technologies in both objective C and Java
• Native automation experience with iOS and Android Platforms
• Experience with Selenium WebDriver