Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Front End Software Engineer to join Snap Inc! You will play a key role in building and shaping everything from new creative products on the web to internal tools and more to come. This opportunity is a contract role and the worker will be employed by an external agency.
• Build scalable front end applications to support the growing needs of the business
• Work with multidisciplinary teams across the organization to ensure Snap Inc.’s web presence leverages the potential of existing systems and data
• Understand the needs of Snapchatters, publishers, and advertisers to deliver intuitive and interactive applications to support them
• Manage projects and collaborate with key stakeholders
• 3+ years of software engineering experience
• A BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Comfort building across the stack in Java or Python
• Experience with any of the following modern web frameworks (React, Angular)
• A passion for front end design and/or web application development`
• Experience developing consumer-facing software
• Experience developing software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity
• Experience with css stack such as — BEM, OOCSS SMACSS and SASS, LESS, PostCSS is a plus
• Experience with TypeScript is a big plus