Spectacles are Snap’s hand-free camera that take in both photo and video content that is shareable on, and off, Snapchat. With hardware and augmented reality working in tandem, Spectacles make it easy to make memories from your perspective, and relive them later.
Snap Lab is home to Spectacles — a camera inspired by the human eye, powered by your imagination — and a world-class research & development team that is paving the way for the future of the camera. Snap Lab builds creative technology that helps overlay computing on the world around us.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Snap Lab Team at Snap Inc in Vienna!
What You’ll Do:
- Integrate cutting-edge Computer Vision systems with robust real-time performance
- Work closely with computer vision teams to understand sensor/latency requirements and enable smooth AR experiences
- Design and implement tools for analyzing performance and quality of our algorithms
- Design and implement tools for recording sensor data as well as for generating synthetic sensor data
- Write efficient code for the next generation of wearable devices
- Collaborate with researchers, engineers, and designers and will develop algorithms to create exciting products and breakthrough interactive experiences
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong C++ coding skills
- Understanding of Computer Vision and Computer Graphics methods
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- BS in a related field such as computer science or equivalent years of experience
- Experience programming in C++ to develop real-time systems and user experiences
- Experience with VR and AR platforms
- Experience working with complex software stacks across multiple teams
- Experience with continuous integration (TeamCity, Jenkins), code quality management (SCA, address sanitizer) and code versioning (git)