Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Developer! Working from our Kyiv office, you’ll play a key role in building and shaping key features that millions of people use every day. This opportunity is a contract role and the worker will be employed by an external agency.
• Create and refine performative mobile apps that push the limits of mobile technology
• Build fun, new products that run smoothly and stably
• Conceptualize, develop, and launch new features
• Carefully evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
• Work with the Design team to hone in on the best UI and infrastructure practices
• Carry out code reviews to guarantee code quality
• Objective-C and iOS experts with at least 4 years of experience in developing mobile applications
• Strong knowledge of multithreading and concurrency. Apple GCD (Grand Central Dispatch) technology is a must.
• Good understanding of Objective-C Runtime and processes which run “under the hood”
• Proficiency with performance tools and optimization techniques for iOS, including knowledge of the OS internals, compilers, optimization for low-power and mobile systems, and more
• Strong knowledge of software design patterns and iOS best practices
• Strong CS fundamentals (algorithms and data structures) and problem-solving skills
• BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science (or equivalent years of experience)
• An individual who cares deeply about creating outstanding experiences
• Someone who gets excited by tough technical challenges
• Someone who’s great at collaborating and can work well with others
• Experience with Swift
• Experience with C/C++
• Experience with OpenGL or Metal
• High level of spoken and written English
• Any personal achievements — like winning in programming olympiads, hackathons, participation in well known open source projects, in top ranked apps, high honor university diplomas.
We are looking for a person who is as much enthusiastic in his field as we are in ours :)