SMTP.com Integrated Operations Center is looking for an ambitious System Administrator / Incident Engineer to join our growing team in Kyiv. The successful candidate will play an important role in maintaining a modern Email Delivery Platform serving thousands of customers worldwide.
You will be responsible for supporting a complex platform of email delivery technology sack, ensuring its stability and availability.
Working as a part of Integrated Operations, you will be closely working with DevOps, Development and Customer Success departments performing a critical role of connecting the dots between the early stages of new products creation to its live delivery and continuous support and improvements.
- At least 2 years of experience in Linux server-side system administration
- Practical understanding of industry standard Incident Management processes
- Ability and create and implement best-in-class technical documentation, processes and procedures
- Solution driven mindset, strong problem solving skills
- Ability to be a part of off-hours on-call rotation and escalation schedule or be a part of 24/7 shift rotation
- Confident spoken and written English language
- Strong expertise (2+ years) in administration and engineering of Linux OS (Ubuntu, CentOS, AWS Linux)
- Experience with LXC, Docker virtualization. AWS containerisation experience preferred.
- Bash/python scripting experience for daily routine automation.
- Experience in various database administration and management (SQL, Redis, Mongodb)
- Experience (1+ years) in task automation — Ansible CM or similar
- Experience in monitoring systems administration (Zabbix, Prometheus)
- Experience with AWS EC2 and Route 53
- Build and support Monitoring Systems around the product, as well as highly available and scalable services
- Architect and implement increasingly better High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity (Backup) solutions
- Ensuring the timely pickup and response to incidents from assigned teams
- Participation in resource management and efficiency strategy.
- Providing in-house help desk assistance to other Company departments
- Handling and escalation of incidents — detection of problems with system stability and performance. Close coordination with the development team to quickly fix critical bugs
- Participation in software release management cycle
- Maintenance and support of infrastructure SLA and uptime commitments
- Support and maintain the documentation for the infrastructures, systems, components, services and network layers
⏰ B2B contract / Free opening and dedicated accountant for your PE (FOP) with full tax coverage for Ukrainian residents
🏝 Social package: paid vacation and sick leaves (29 days)
💸 A transparent assessment and reward policy with a yearly review
👍 Ongoing professional development
🎉 Corporate events.
🗽 Free English classes.
🎓 An active and friendly team of professionals comfortable to work with and achieve your goals!