Smart Tek Solutions&Services is a First Tek company, a leading IT service provider that serves Fortune 500 companies in the US. Our goal is to become a leading employer in Lviv and Ukraine and now we are looking for a Head of PMO to join our team.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
PMO and Project Management Processes:
- Establishes and maintains a standard project management approach to drive project initiation, planning, and execution.
- Assesses cross-functional project team capability and defines specific improvement actions and training needs to improve project results.
- Participates in industry-specific project forums, and professional organizations to identify competitive strategies, and to benchmark best practices. Relentlessly pursues making robust project execution a core competitive advantage for the organization.
- Develops and implements the PMO operational plan, including a staffing plan for direct and indirect staff, hiring strategies, budget, and operational procedures.
- Provides direction, guidance, and leadership to the PMO staff and fosters collaboration and effective integration of efforts with system-wide initiatives.
- Ensures that department complies with established company processes, and that Project Managers know how to apply quality and safety standards, policies and procedures based on project types.
- Defines key performance indicators and clarifies ownership for delivery at all levels of the organization, driving for focused delivery based on commitments
- Conducts regular program and project reviews, planning, proactive risk management, and critical thinking to ensure predictability, quality and communication.
- Creates a systematic approach to improving project planning accuracy and project cycle time.
- Enforces consistent application of key partner interface processes during execution, including joint requirements management and change control, risk management and issue escalation procedures.
Project Pipeline Reporting & Resource Management:
- Works with the functional leaders to ensure appropriate leveling and allocation of resources to projects and to resolve competing project needs
- Drives implementation of a resource management process and reporting to facilitate prioritization, management trade-offs, and efficient project intake.
- Develops an overall communication strategy and a reporting process for updating the organization on project and pipeline progress, decisions and impacts.
- Provides regular updates to Senior Leadership on key projects.
- Establishes a project management information system and tools to improve capturing, tracking and reporting of project information.
- Demonstrated success in leading multimillion $ product development, software implementation, and/or operations/manufacturing projects from initiation through launch/close-out. Minimum of 5+ years of progressive Project and Program experience, including setting up and promoting a Project Office.
- Prior experience in rolling out a common project management methodology, defining PM standards and tools. A proven track record of leading successful change across functional and geographic boundaries.
- Must be thoroughly grounded in financial and operational management.
- The successful candidate will be self-confident, results-oriented, persuasive and influential.
- Experience in leading effective teams and fostering collaboration across organizational boundaries, as well as excellent communications and interpersonal skills, are essential.
- Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher, and have significant business and project leadership experience.
- PMP certification is a plus
What we offer:
- Great opportunities for personal and career growth.
- Really challenging tasks.
- 18 workdays of annual vacation
- Work in a wonderful team and friendly atmosphere.
- Competitive salary with regular review.
- Spacious and comfortable office.
- Corporate events, team building.