● BSc in Computer Science or a related field
● 2+ years of experience in the design and development of software with a minimum of 1 years experience as a Data Engineer working on big data projects
● Expertise in developing microservice architectures and RESTful services
● Experience with distributed systems and big data architectures, including SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB, Redis), and ETL processes and tools
● Strong CS fundamentals, such as algorithms and data structures
● Interest in and familiarity with Python’s data analysis libraries
(e.g., numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, pandas) preferred
● Experience with DevOps: Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD (Jenkins)
● Experience with cloud computing stacks such as Amazon Web Services preferred
● Knowledge of streaming platforms (Kafka, Kinesis) will be a plus
● Experience with Apache Airflow will be a plus
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Enthusiasm for working hard and having fun in a dynamic environment
● Productionize Machine Learning solutions
● Conduct / participate in code reviews, identify potential problems and
performance issues, evaluate code compliance with standards and best practices,
provide feedback and corrections
● Analyze complex functions, procedures, and problems to deliver creative, logical, and effective solutions that meet the specified requirements
● Make sure the machine learning engines scale well on high volumes of data
Rakuten is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our Machine Learning team in Odessa.
Our team is responsible for using machine learning to build the world’s largest cross-merchant e-commerce solutions, ranging from product categorization to recommendation systems. We leverage existing open source technologies and established machine learning approaches, but also innovate and research new techniques and productionize our solutions, all at very large scales.
As a Data Engineer, You will be productionizing machine learning solutions and making sure they work at scale. You will work closely with world-class data scientists and engineers who hold MS/PhD degrees from top global schools such as Stanford University, University of Washington, Carnegie Mellon University, and National Taiwan University, and veterans from companies such as Microsoft, AOL, Yahoo!, and Twitter.
This position will be located in Odessa, Ukraine or remotely.