Skylum allows millions of photographers to make incredible images faster. Our award-winning software automates photo editing with the power of AI yet leaves all the creative control in the hands of the artist.
Join us on our mission to make photo editing enjoyable, easy, and accessible to anyone. You’ll be developing products with innovative technologies, providing value and inspiration for customers, and getting inspired in return.
Thanks to our incredible team of experts, we’ve built a collaborative space where you can constantly develop and grow in a supportive way. At the same time, we believe in the freedom to be creative. Our work schedule is flexible, and we trust you to give your best while we provide you with everything you need to make work hassle-free. Skylum is proud to be a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine not only with words but with actions. With our partners Cityswell we co-founded the Valid UA charity fund that helps rehabilitate the victims of the war. We are members of KOLO, an IT fund that provides operational assistance to the Armed Forces of Ukraine. We created an internal Charity Project that every Skylumer can join to help the Armed Forces of Ukraine and volunteer at animal shelters. On top of that, we regularly donate to various organizations to help speed up the Ukrainian victory.
Skills we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience working in software development (Swift, Objective-C);
- Skills of the OOP and writing readable, quality, and supportable code: you follow the DRY, KISS, YAGNI, SOLID principles, you are familiar with MVC, MVVM architectures, and Auto Layout;
- Good knowledge of Cocoa/CocoaTouch frameworks, CoreData, Core Animation, their features, and workarounds;
- Solid understanding of Swift, Objective-C and its runtime, macOS architecture and application lifecycle;
- Experience with Unit and Behaviour testing;
- Base knowledge of С++11 and STL.
Would be a plus:
- Experience in developing a project from scratch to AppStore;
- Experience in cross-platform development;
- Understanding of FRP concepts (ReactiveCocoa, RxSwift or Combine);
- Experience with Image processing and/or DSP;
- Experience with commercial photography.
Your daily tasks will be:
- Design and build solutions in Swift;
- Create beautiful and smooth interfaces, able to profile, find and fix performance and scalability problems;
- Support, maintenance, and refactoring of existing services and applications;
- Proactively collaborate with teammates to optimize the development process and participate in resolving unclear technical requirements;
- Review the existing code.
What we offer:
For personal growth:
- A chance to work with a strong team and a unique opportunity to make substantial contributions to our award-winning photo editing tools;
- An educational allowance to ensure that your skills stay sharp;
- English and German classes to strengthen your capabilities and widen your knowledge.
- A great environment where you’ll work with true professionals and amazing colleagues whom you’ll quickly call friends;
- The choice of working remotely or in our cozy office space located in Kyiv’s Podil, equipped with everything you might need for productive and comfortable work.
- The office is prepared for productive work in any conditions, including blackouts, since there are Starlinks, uninterruptible network connections, and two internet providers.
- There are also additional co-working spaces for the team in Lisbon and Warsaw.
- Medical insurance (for UA-based employees);
- Twenty-one days of paid sick leave per year;
- Paid psychological support (6 psychotherapy specialists to choose from)
- Twenty-one days of paid vacation per year;
- Fun times at our frequent team-building activities.
If you are looking forward to working with true professionals and simply wonderful people and create an amazing product — we are waiting for your CV!