Hi! We are Skylum
Skylum is a global imaging technology company based in Kyiv. In 2008, we were a small startup called MacPhun, but now we’ve grown into a huge company committed to expanding the frontiers of photo editing. We create intuitive, powerful, and easy-to-use tools for photographers of all skill levels.
Our innovative technology empowers photographers, allowing them to seamlessly carry out professional editing techniques, while encouraging creative freedom. For us, it’s not just about developing software, but making photo editing enjoyable and accessible for everyone.
We created Luminar Neo
Our flagship product is Luminar Neo, a photo editing software application for Windows and macOS that enables millions of photographers worldwide to edit photos with the power of AI. Luminar Neo has over 20 AI-based features to streamline the photographer’s editing workflow. It’s a user-friendly app with an intuitive interface that has won numerous awards, including the Red Dot Brands & Communication Design award and the TIPA World Awards.
We want to make a difference
Our mission is to amplify creativity and make photo editing an inspiring and effortless experience for photographers and visual storytellers worldwide!
What drives us?
At Skylum, our values drive everything we do:
● Putting Creators First: We strive to understand our users’ needs and challenges and evolve our products to meet — and exceed — expectations, ensuring our software becomes integral to their creative process.
● Empowering the Artistic Community: Beyond software, we aim to foster a vibrant community of photographers and create a space that connects like-minded individuals through events and workshops.
● Creative Collaboration: We pride ourselves in nurturing a supportive environment that fuels continuous growth and innovation within our team.
● Disrupting Normality: We embrace disruption. We rewrite the rules, reinventing solutions from the ground up to provide novel and unique editing solutions.
● Pursuing Excellence: Great ideas mean nothing without exceptional execution. We are constantly striving to push the envelope.
We support Ukraine
Skylum is proud to be a Ukrainian company! We stand with Ukraine not only with words but with actions. Together with our partners Cityswell, we co-founded the Valid UA charity fund that helps rehabilitate victims of the war. We are members of KOLO, an IT fund that provides operational assistance to the Armed Forces of Ukraine. We created an internal Charity Project that every Skylum employee can join to help the Armed Forces of Ukraine and volunteer at animal shelters. On top of that, we regularly donate to various organizations to help speed up the Ukrainian victory.
We are looking for you!
Thanks to our incredible team of experts, we’ve built a collaborative space where you can constantly develop and grow in a supportive way. At the same time, we believe in the freedom to be creative. We trust you to give your best, while we provide you with everything you need to make work hassle-free.
If you join our team, you will:
Grow as a professional
● Work on challenging and innovative projects.
● Be a part of a strong team of true professionals and amazing people.
● Develop a one-of-a-kind photo editor, Luminar Neo, powered by AI.
● Keep your skills sharp with an educational allowance.
● Deepen your knowledge with English and German classes.
Work in comfortable conditions
● Have a flexible working schedule — start anytime from 8 AM or 11 AM.
● Work from our cozy fully-equipped office in Kyiv, Podil, twice a week.
● Always have conditions for productive work in Kyiv (we have Starlinks, two internet providers, internet during blackouts).
● Ability to go to a comfortable co-working space in Warsaw.
Have support for your health
● Get medical insurance (if you’re Ukraine-based).
● 21 days of paid sick leave per year.
● Paid psychological support, with 6 psychotherapy specialists to choose from.
Enjoy your leisure time
● 21 days of paid vacation per year.
● Frequent team-building activities.
Sounds like something you’re interested in? Then we’re waiting for your CV!