🚀 About the Client’s Project
Company is a high-performing start-up that aims to offer an all-in-one solution for any website regarding website statistics, UX & behavior (recordings, heatmaps, funnels, etc.), visitor interaction, and so much more. Founded in January 2016 in Munich and Cluj, the app has been installed more than 2.0M times by users from 190 countries. There are currently around 1.86 billion active websites on the web. The tool is compatible with any website. So the potential is huge.
Everything takes place in a very flat hierarchy — with everyone closely working together on our common goal of building the #1 analytics application on the planet.
10-15 people on the project: Front End Developers, Back End Developers, QA, and Product Manager (a person — who drives Technical questions).
🛠️ Tech Stack
Package manager — (yarn/npm) both but mostly npm.
MongoDB and PostgresSQL depend on the type of data we want to save.
Hetzer is our infrastructure provider. Most computing services run on cloud instances while services that require a lot of data storage are bare-metal servers.
Between client and API, we use REST endpoints. Between micro-services, we use both async (RabbitMQ) and sync (REST, gRPC) methods.
🐝 Job Responsibilities
- Work on multiple microservices — written in Node.js (TS, JS), Spring (Kotlin), PHP (Symfony)
- Develop new microservices to accommodate the (many) new features and requirements of the project
- Refactor existing microservices or extract new ones to improve performance and scalability
- Come up with ideas to improve existing architecture — feedback and ideas are always welcome
- Monitor, trace, and debug production microservices to ensure an application with 0 downtime
- Work to improve the CI / CD flow of the project
💻 Minimum of Qualifications
- 4+ years experience with Node.js
- Knowledge of PHP is considered a plus
- Knowledge of Java or Kotlin is considered a plus
- Experience in working with a TDD approach
- Strong background in Linux-based development
- Previous experience with container technologies such as Docker
- Strong knowledge of microservice architecture
- Strong Agile/Scrum work ethic
- You are continuously researching tools, technologies, frameworks, and practices.
- Fluent English skills
👌 Soft Skills
- Highly committed and responsible, independent, and able to take an initiative
- Mindful of quality attributes like maintainability, performance, security, scalability, usability, and testability.
- Carefully read the specifications and assignments and you like to take responsibility for your components from start to end
- You feel comfortable discussing and deepening technical and technical requirements with the PM.
🍯 What do we offer
- Competitive salary, with many other extra benefits (complex medical package, extra free days, events, gifts, and others)
- Opportunity to work on a challenging project, using the latest technologies
- The perfect framework for professional development
- A young, creative and joyful team
- A flexible work schedule that makes you more productive
- We support any opportunities that are useful for you, including training and events
- We celebrate a lot, with pizza and cookies and gifts
- We believe in giving back and we want to offer you one paid day to volunteer for a charity of your choice or participate, with the entire team, at annual/local charity events.