Skelia welcomes a technology focused Cloud & Data Engineer to become a valuable member of the project team of our client, a leading company in the mining industry. You will design, configure, develop, deploy and support data and analytic application solutions being developed using wide range of Azure Cloud technology services.
About our client
Our client is a global mining company with a world-class portfolio of products that are used by a billion consumers every day. Our client relies on data and cutting-edge data science to enhance their operations. They also use advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence to optimize their processes.
- Develop highly configurable data solution for end-to-end batch, near real time or streaming data, covering the full software development lifecycle
- Effectively test and adopt testing frameworks to embed and codify tests
- Ensure code quality and performs code reviews of fellow developers
- Take technical ownership for the implementation of the data engineering solution at an allocated product
- Clearly communicate and explain concepts to senior stakeholders and key teams during sprint reviews and other programme meetings
- Have a clear understanding of agile best practices and proactively collaborate and support the team if needed during the whole sprint cycle
- Document technical implementation details and artefacts created as part of the process
- Collaborate with operations team to ensure operational readiness and support detect resolution
- Detail-oriented, meticulous and an engineering mindset, with dynamism and ability to rapidly assimilate new tooling, tech and best practices in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of dedicated software and data engineering experience (with Microsoft Azure services and related tools)
- Ability to write/review/understand integration / interface specifications, locate issues and suggest better solutions
- Hands-on experience engineering solutions using Azure Data Analytics platform including Azure Databricks, Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic / Function Apps, Azure Storage, Azure Data Lake, ARM Templates, Azure Key Vault
- Practical knowledge of vital security concepts incl. TLS/SSL, Secrets/credentials management (in an Azure setting)
- Very good knowledge of HTTP/S, TCP, DNS, Load Balancing, Reverse Proxies, API gateways, etc.
- Fluent ability to write intermediate to advanced idiomatic and standards-oriented Python (3.6 or higher) in a containerised environment (Docker, Docker Compose / Kubernetes, etc.)
- Ability to engineer solid solutions that utilise complex REST or GraphQL APIs and mixture of I/O services
- Ability to create/use/combine/filter data sets from Azure based data storage solutions
- Good working knowledge of enterprise integration patterns, SOLID and 12 Factor principles
- Familiar with modern DevOps/SRE best practices and good ability to use standard DevOps and GitOps tooling
Nice to have
- Good working knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Microsoft Azure certified (DP-900 Azure Data Fundamentals, DP-203 Azure Data Engineer) but not essential
- "Benefit Café with various categories like sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
- Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
- Interesting projects with innovative products
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- The work-life balance you deserve. Flexible working hours
- Educational support, funded language classes
- Luxmed private healthcare packages
- Cozy workplace. Fresh fruits Mondays. WFH opportunities
- Exciting events and lovely gifts for your family
On-demand Relocation Support to Poland
- Receive support with all documentation needed for relocation
- Obtain transport, logistics, and onboarding assistance
- Get accommodation support
In your resume, please allow our company to use your personal data.