Skelia is searching for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our team for the client TUI UK — the subsidiary of the global tourism business giant! The company is very ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to offer the best service for its 30 million clients around the world.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables site reliability engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain. You will become an advocate of quality-focused site reliability practices, ensuring the high quality of software products and services with an appropriate toolkit of technologies and methods.
Do you feel passionate about working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape? Do you have a strong DevSecOps mindset? Then apply now, you could be an asset to our team!
About our client
TUI UK is one of the biggest subsidiaries of the tourism market global leader — TUI. The company operates in 180 countries all around the world, has more than 70 000 people on board, and over 30 million customers. With a great history of success, they recognize the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
About the project
This role is an excellent opportunity for an expert who’d like to be a part of a cross-functional team and play a vital role in facilitating data-driven resolutions. TUI is undergoing a crucial digital transformation. What does it mean for the development team? No legacy and only cutting-edge technologies. Not only the tech part of the project is fantastic, but also the internal culture. All team members are granted a high level of power over technical choices and empowerment over business decisions. So why not join this wonderful project? We have modern technologies, international tech experts on board, and indeed — a welcoming team!
As part of the team, you’ll be engaged in the continuous development of the client’s website to ensure site reliability and initiate the improvements to meet the business needs:
- You will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and have the responsibility to design & operate services that are both reliable & well observed
- You will use your deep technical skills to enable your team to deliver operation excellence, ensure and improve reliability, performance, maintainability of systems and services
- You will ensure observability of systems and services, support change and configuration management
- You will be involved in raising operational readiness requirements as part of the development life cycle and validate software development and delivery is consistent, meeting the specified requirements
- You will initiate performance optimizations and recognize upcoming problems before our customers are impacted
- Extensive experience working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing, and rolling out technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets
- Strong hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in managing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, the various tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, and DevSecOps practices
- AWS Certification at Professional level
- Strong experience with monitoring/observability solutions, preferably Datadog, as well as with incident response solutions, like PagerDuty
- Deep automation expertise, hands-on with some programming languages, e.g. NodeJS, Python, or Bash scripting
- Ability to apply server operating system administrative knowledge, mostly Linux-based. Good knowledge of networking and security aspects
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Customer-centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating a true engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration, and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g., like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
- Open-minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
- Good command of English
- “Benefit Café” with various categories like healthcare, sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
- Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
- Interesting projects with innovative products
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- The work-life balance you deserve. Flexible working hours
- Educational support, funded language classes
- Possibility to work from home as well as from our comfy offices
- Covid test, flu vaccination, and taxi to office compensations
On-demand Relocation Support to Poland
- Support with all documentation needed for relocation
- Transport, logistics, and onboarding assistance
- Accommodation support. Luxmed private healthcare packages
In your resume please allow our company to use your personal data.