Skelia welcomes an experienced Middle/Senior Node.JS Developer for our client — a digital services expert!
Do you think of life as an infinite set of microservices? Do you envision a serverless future? Where scale and performance are only limited by our imagination? Then you could be an asset to our team! As a Node.JS Developer, you’ll be working on the cloud native applications that support user-facing applications, integrate with various systems, and enable data intelligence.
About the client
Our client is a multi award-winning Belgian digital agency that design and deliver digital products and platforms from the idea to realization. They work with the latest technologies and support the clients’ digital roadmap in the areas of machine learning, digital strategy, software engineering, and user experience. They have a highly performing team of 150+ experts, including service designers, software developers, user researchers, data analysts, strategists, and architects. With 11 years of experience, our client has already developed more than 400 innovative applications.
About the project
You’ll join the multidisciplinary team consisting of developers, designers, and product managers working on cutting-edge mobile applications and platforms. In a world where technology is evolving at an unprecedented (and ever-increasing) rate, it is crucial to have a modular, scalable, extendable cloud platform where updates can be deployed in minutes. It will be the responsibility of you and your team to build such a platform, using the most appropriate combination of cloud, application, and database technologies.
As a team member, you’ll be taking part in the continuous development of the products that are in the care of your team.
- Day to day, you will be engaged in developing new user stories, fixing bugs, creating & reviewing pull requests, documenting your work (code comments, readme, confluence, etc.), performing research, making suggestions for product improvements, and communicating clearly about your progress
- Together with your colleagues, you’ll be making sure the product meets all functional and non-functional requirements
- As an engineer, you understand that producing clean, readable, and testable code is always a priority
- Excellent knowledge of Node.js, Express.js.
- You hold a master or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Informatics (or equal through a proven track record)
- You have a solid grasp of common software engineering practices, like OO principles, modern design patterns, test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- You’re a big fan of clean code and clean architecture, and you apply those principles to produce clean, readable, and testable code
- You’re always keen to learn new things, share your knowledge, adopt to changes, and learn from past experiences
- You’re able to work in a team and are always open for feedback from your teammates
- You understand the importance of application security and data security and know how that affects your job
- Skilled in Docker
- Good command of English
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Understanding of messaging and broker systems (Pub/Sub, RabbitMQ, Kafka,) is a plus
- Knowledge of database technologies such as Redis, MongoDB, InfluxDB, is a plus
- Basic knowledge of networking (IP, routing, IPSec, TCP) and networking related services (DNS, firewall, DHCP) is a plus
- Knowledge of Terraform, Go, Elastic Search is considered a plus
Skelia offers to you
- "Benefit Café with various categories like sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
- Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
- Interesting projects with innovative products
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- The work-life balance you deserve. Flexible working hours
- Educational support, funded language classes
- Luxmed private healthcare packages
- Cozy workplace. Fresh fruits Mondays. WFH opportunities
- Exciting events and lovely gifts for your family
On-demand Relocation to Poland
- Support with all documentation needed for relocation
- Transport, logistics, and onboarding assistance
- Accommodation support. Luxmed private healthcare packages
In your resume please allow our company to use your personal data.