Skelia recently has partnered with a top digital transformation company. And we are looking for experts to join their team! We’ll be happy to see you onboard either remotely or on-site in our comfy offices. Couple of words about our client: they have more than 1000 professionals in their group and 18 locations worldwide. Their principal goal is to assist healthcare organizations, governments, and enterprises to succeed through sustainable growth, efficiency, and agility. They are keen on providing innovation through the best software development approaches embedded in continuous integration, delivery, automation, and cloud modernization. And by the way — they are one of the top North American AWS Advanced, Google Cloud Premier, and Microsoft Azure Gold partners.
Right now, they are building state-of-the-art software for one of the largest telecom companies in the US. The main aim lies in replacing the current application for calculating commissions. The intentional business value is to have the flexibility to manage, change and adapt the software to meet business needs. The core heart will consist of 5 team players — one Lead, two Front-end, and two Back-end developers.
As a Back-end expert, you will help build an application based on gRPC (API) technology. The API will provide services for running UI commands such as approval and rejection of specific transactions, queries, data storage, and manage streaming of events and messages. They will define and update the API contracts to ensure proper interaction with the UI and other downstream data services.
- 5+ years of experience, bachelor’s degree in STEM, conversational English (upper-intermediate)
- Solid Java/Scala skills & good experience with functional programming
- Experience with SQL, Kafka/Event Streaming, Docker/Kubernetes
- Well versed in git-flow, able to review pull requests and create their own
- Background with complex integrations and integration issues
- Experience with Microservices and RESTFUL service design
- Solid understanding of CI/CD platforms, databases, containers, performance testing
Nice to have:
- Curious engineering mindset with a passion for learning new frameworks, libraries, tools and architecture patterns
- Experience with GitLab
- Understanding of industry-standard secure software development practices
- Familiarity with BDD principles & hands-on experience with Cucumber
- gRPC experience
- Hands-on development: coding & tasks execution, code review, issue resolutions, solving complex integration issues, etc
- Development of complex and business-critical software without supervision. Following coding standards & adhering to DoD
- Active participation in distributed team environment & following process ceremonies
- Follow engineering best practices. Ready to work with decent coverage of unit and integration testing
- Decompose business requirements into technical tasks. Participation in the estimation process and DoD elaboration
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership over tasks and components of a software system
SKELIA OFFERS TO YOU
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- Personal cooperation with European and North America based customers
- Democratic management style with Agile-based practices
- Possibility to WFH as well as from our comfy offices
- 24 paid vacation days, 10 paid sick leaves
- Personal learning budget, internal trainings and funded language classes
- Vast benefit pack
- Unforgettable online events and lovely presents for you and your family
- Covid test, flu vaccination and taxi to office compensations
In your resume please allow our company to use your personal data.