Skelia team is on a hunt for a skilled Senior Java Big Data Engineer to join our company onsite or remotely. Our client develops a platform for advanced data infrastructure created for organizations to leverage complex studies on consumer performance without the need for SQL, analytic languages, or data analysts. Their primer goal is to help businesses make better products through data. Are you excited to work on mission-critical software? By joining us, you’ll become a crucial member of our customer’s engineering direction with a substantial influence on product growth and development.
- Implementation of new functional components and analyses in customer’s real-time distributed query engine using leading-edge technologies while working massive data sets
- Researching and developing solutions to help boost customer systems and eliminate performance chokepoints emphasizing high scalability, high reliability, and low latency
- Building systems to support simpler integration of customer data
- 5+ years of work experience as a software engineer, including significant experience with scalable distributed systems architectures using modern commercial cloud infrastructure (we use a mix of web servers, containers, load balancers, databases, message queues, and caches from the big providers)
- Experience with distributed data stores like Cassandra, HBase, Hive, Druid, Clickhouse, etc.
- Solid technical background — you’re able to justify the data structures, algorithms, and techniques used in your code, and you’re able to analyze it with regard to time/space complexity
- Demonstrated ability to estimate timelines, prioritize tasks, set and meet deadlines, and collaborate with a broader team
- You’re able to build articulate and justify trade-offs when architecting new functionality
As a plus
- You have experience with VisualVM, JConsole, YourKit, Dropwizard
- You have experience with Apache Airflow and Beam, Redis, CouldForms
- You have strong experience utilizing cloud providers such as AWS or Google Cloud
SKELIA OFFERS TO YOU
- Ongoing opportunities in international company
- European democratic management style
- Trainings and business trips abroad
- Language classes (English, Polish)
- 24 working days paid vacation
- Wide benefits and compensation package which includes one or several items according to your choice: paid lunches, access to gym/swimming pool, medical insurance and many other
- Office with comfortable workplaces in top class building facilities
- 8-hour working day and 5-day working week
- Social events for you and your family
In your resume please allow our company to use your personal data.