• Proven deep knowledge of working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment
• Advanced skill set for understanding and solving complex problems spanning one or more teams/areas with appropriate quality and quantity
• Extensive hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in designing and implementing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, using a range of tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, DevSecOps, and security engineering practices
• Programming skills at a proficient level to work with multiple software development technologies, e.g., Python, GoLang, Java, Node.JS
• Strong scripting language skills e.g., Terraform/Cloud Formation/Ansible
• Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI or Circle CI
• Excellent knowledge in networking like IP, DNS, firewalling, load-balancing, and VPNs
• Professional level AWS certification
• Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity threats, current best practices, threat modeling, and risk mitigation techniques.
• Customer-centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
• Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
• Compelling coaching and training skills for imparting professional software engineering skills
• Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering
• Open-minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
• “Benefit Café” with various categories like healthcare, sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
• Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
• Interesting projects with innovative products
• Competitive salary and regular reviews
• The work-life balance you deserve. Flexible working hours
• Educational support, funded language classes
• Possibility to work from home as well as from our comfy offices
• Covid test, flu vaccination, and taxi to office compensations
On-demand Relocation to Poland
• Support with all documentation needed for relocation
• Transport, logistics, and onboarding assistance
• Accommodation support. Luxmed private healthcare packages
• You will provide technical leadership within your team, shape cloud engineering processes and practices,
coach and develop other team members.
• You will lead complex technical solution delivery and will work within a Product team to ensure the
correct solution is engineered, addressing the technical needs and requirements of the business.
• With your team you will design and implement secure, scalable, cloud-native solutions and be
responsible for driving architecture, design, development, security, and operations.
• You will work with your colleagues to improve expertise in cloud solution architectures, infrastructure-as-
code approaches, cloud-focused DevSecOps capabilities, tooling, processes, ways of working, and the
continuous improvement of CI/CD and automation.
• You have a proven track record in delivering cloud enablement services to customer teams, supporting
them in their adoption of the AWS (or other) cloud platform, with a strong focus on platform provisioning
and configuration, onboarding and consultation, well-architected, operational health, platform security,
FinOps services, and education & training.
• Together with the different teams you will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes, and
tools and help teams to use them effectively. You perform a leading role in Communities of Practice,
including collaboration in shared initiatives.
Skelia is on the hunt for a skilled Senior Security Engineer for our client, TUI UK — part of the world’s leading tourism group. Now they are looking for a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art secure coding, secure design, and security automation practices. With a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, you will tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing, and deploying applications.
About our client
TUI UK is one of the biggest subsidiaries of the tourism market global leader — TUI. The company operates in 180 countries all around the world, has more than 70 000 people on board, and over 30 million customers. With a great history of success, they recognize the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
About the project
You will work in a global team within TUI technology responsible for Customer and Marketing products and platforms. You will become a member of a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps, and Agile providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium, and The Netherlands.