As a Technical Support Engineer you will work with leading enterprise organizations and startups to realize the power of data analytics with Sisense. Our Technical Support team spans the globe and has recently begun a major transformation effort to move to a SWARM model for our tools, processes, and organizational structure. This shift focuses on driving a collaborative, rewarding environment that measures value creation and team playing.
Our team is aligned directly with our Product and Engineering teams through a robust Subject Matter Expert program. We are employing best in breed tools along with processes co-authored or influenced by our team directly. We believe in the power of great customer experience and the happiest customers are made by having the happiest team helping them.
Please pay attention to the working schedule: late shifts coverage, Monday-Friday (16 pm — 1 am Kyiv time). The position will also include shifts on Holidays with additional payment.
What You’ve Already Accomplished...So Far
- You are already experienced with IT infrastructure and applications support
- Basic Linux Knowledge: Familiarity with Linux operating systems, including basic command line usage, file systems, and system administration.
- Containerization Understanding: Awareness of containerization concepts and an interest in learning and working with Kubernetes.
- Scripting Skills: Basic scripting skills in languages like Bash and Python to automate tasks and perform simple system configurations — nice to have.
- Networking Basics: Understanding of basic networking principles, protocols (TCP/IP, DNS), and IP addressing — nice to have.
- You have a data-driven, analytical mind and excellent problem-solving skills
- You’re detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for Learning: Eagerness to learn about Kubernetes, containerization technologies, and related tools and frameworks.
- Problem-Solving Aptitude: Ability to analyze and solve simple technical problems and an eagerness to develop troubleshooting skills.
- Collaboration Skills: Strong communication skills and a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment.
- You have upper-intermediate English — communication, listening, and writing skills
What You’ll Do
- Investigate technical problems which are related to User Interface and problems related to it.
- Develop, design and propose solutions to meet technological and business needs for customers (e.g. workarounds for product issues and additional features).
- Manage critical issues that impact customer’s business.
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to meet customer requirements and improve our product.
- Present complex technical information about the product to the customers.
- Take part in the creation and maintenance of our knowledge-based and community.
- Work with Linux shell, RestAPI, Web applications troubleshooting, identifying process improvements, debugging, comprehending technical documents.
Why You Should Join Our Team
- We live our values. We care about each other, the technology we create, and the customers we support. We know we’re constantly learning and improving, and look forward to sharing insights and techniques with each other.
- We have interesting customers. We support the Red Cross with dashboards about supplies, help a suicide prevention hotline with SQL+Python ML analysis, and enable Tinder to make better matches.
- We are our own customers. We’re heavy users of the features we build and have an intuitive understanding of what makes data teams so special and successful.
- “You have unlimited questions remaining” is core to our team’s philosophy. We are excited about learning and sharing together, and work hard to make sure that everyone is set up for success.
- We are a radically innovative BI company focused on redefining every aspect of business analytics.
- We’re an industry leader with more than 2,000 global customers, including Expedia, Flexport, Nasdaq, GE, Philips & Tinder.
- We’ve been recognized as a leading visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- We’re onboarding rapidly! We have over 600 employees with offices in San Francisco, New York, Tel Aviv, Melbourne, London and Kyiv.
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We’re constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor and Best Places to Work for our amazing company culture.
- Late-shifts Engineers are working remotely now. However, a new office with a superior view is open for Siseners.
- We hire only people we trust. All Sisensers join the company without a probation period.
- We believe all Sisensers should be owners of our company’s success. We grant all employees stock options that start vesting on Day One.
- We support a work-life balance philosophy and provide unlimited vacations (flexible time off) and additional long weekends to all Sisensers.
- We care about each other. All team members have extended medical insurance and additional COVID-19 coverage.
- We provide Sisensers with a sports reimbursement to support physical fitness and mental well-being.