At Sisense, we are on a mission to empower modern data teams to deliver insights to everyone inside and outside their organizations. We bring “power to the builders” by enabling our customers to answer complex questions with data and drive the best business outcomes possible.
You will be joining the Sisense for Cloud Data Teams product development team. On this team, we maintain the Cloud Data Teams product that empowers data teams to quickly connect to cloud data sources, then explore and analyze data in a matter of minutes. It is also one of the best teams for understanding our business, as it touches everything from data ingestion and dashboarding through to permissions, APIs, integrations, and deployments. Our engineers do full-stack feature development and maintenance and we foster an environment of rich learning, development, and knowledge sharing.
What You’ve Already Accomplished...So Far
- You have a general understanding of architecture patterns and programming languages over a deep knowledge of certain language.
- You have experience with using AWS services (EC2, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, Networking, IAM), Kubernetes (container cml configs, basic setup on AWS infrastructure).
- You have experience with some of these technologies: .Net, Ruby, Java, or other, any front-end would be a plus.
- You communicate proactively, you are not afraid of asking questions. You are a push, not a pull person and you can get the data you need to resolve a task from various stakeholders.
- You are willing to constantly learn new tools and technologies, get familiar with architecture patterns written in languages you are not familiar with.
- You are an achiever, you take full responsibility for the task you are assigned and you do not stop halfway through.
What You’ll Do
- The first week: You’ll partner with your engineering buddy who will help onboard you with our product and build/deploy processes, and then work with you to ship new code to production.
- By Day 30: You will make substantial improvements to existing features, platform services, internal tools, or build processes.
- By Day 60: You’ll be contributing to the full scope of support activities together with the team, finding ways to improve product performance, improving the architecture, and solving the most complicated customer issues.
- You are outcome-focused and proactive. You have solved complex technical challenges to improve customer happiness, developer productivity, and system efficiency.
- You enjoy working in an inclusive, collaborative environment and mentoring team members when needed. You believe in achieving collective impact and that we are “better together”.
- You have customer empathy and are curious about how your work is going to impact a customer’s use case.
- You’re excited to pitch in wherever the team needs help, from investigating issues, debugging together to supporting customers.
- You have successfully evangelized and driven best practices related to code quality and testability across teams.
Why You Should Join Our Team
- We live our values. We care about each other, the technology we create, and the customers we support. We know we’re constantly learning and improving, and look forward to sharing insights and techniques with each other.
- We have interesting customers. We support the Red Cross with dashboards about supplies, help a suicide prevention hotline with SQL+Python ML analysis, and enable Tinder to make better matches.
- We are our own customers. We’re heavy users of the features we build and have an intuitive understanding of what makes data teams so special and successful.
- “You have unlimited questions remaining” is core to our team’s philosophy. We are excited about learning and sharing together, and work hard to make sure that everyone is set up for success.
- We’re all working remotely now. However, a new office with a superior view is waiting for us when life gets back to normal. You will be allowed but not obliged to visit the office in a hybrid model.
- We hire only people we trust. All Sisensers join the company without a probation period.
- We believe all Sisensers should be owners in our company’s success. We grant all employees stock options that start vesting on Day One.
- We support a work-life balance philosophy and provide unlimited vacations (flexible time off) and additional long weekends to all Sisensers.
- We support professional growth with corporate English courses, training, professional certifications, and so on.
- We care about each other. All team members have an extended medical insurance package and additional COVID-19 coverage.
- We provide Sisensers with a sport reimbursement to support physical fitness and mental well-being.
- We are a radically innovative BI company focused on redefining every aspect of business analytics.
- We’re an industry leader with more than 2,000 global customers, including Expedia, Flexport, Nasdaq, GE, Philips & Tinder.
- We’ve been recognized as a leading visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- We’re onboarding rapidly! We have over 600 employees with offices in Kyiv, San Francisco, New York, Tel Aviv, Scottsdale, Melbourne, Tokyo, and London.
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We’re constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Best Places to Work for our amazing company culture.