At Sisense, we are on a mission to empower modern data teams to deliver insights to everyone inside and outside their organizations. We bring “power to the builders” by enabling our customers to answer complex questions with data and drive the best business outcomes possible.
We are looking for a DevOps/Automation Engineer who would work on automations to optimize and speed up the work of the Customer Success teams.
By Day 30...
- You will learn about the Sisense product.
- You will have a strong understanding of the product infrastructure.
- You will learn about CI/CD infrastructure and processes as well as our virtualized environment.
- You will be able to solve bugs and implement improvements to the Jenkins pipelines and integrations.
- You will manage internal Customer Success infrastructure and help expand it to the cloud.
- You will work on integration solutions and advanced configuration of our support system.
- You will be the owner of the internal Customer Success infrastructure and develop new tools to improve the processes for the Customer Success teams at Sisense.
- As the owner of internal Customer Success infrastructure and applications, you will research to improve our internal infrastructure features and support other teams at Sisense.
- You will have a deep understanding of the internal processes, tools and integrations.
WHAT YOU’VE ACCOMPLISHED... SO FAR:
- You already have at least one year of professional experience in SysOps/DevOps
- You have experience of working with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Teamcity, or similar)
- You have proven Linux expertise and solid scripting skills (Bash/Python/PowerShell)
- You’re able to demonstrate knowledge of Kubernetes and Ansible
- You have experience of working with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
WILL BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Basic knowledge of Terraform
- Good Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- You have a data-driven, analytical mind and excellent problem-solving skills
- You’re a good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- You have strong communication and problem-solving skills
- You’re used to being proactive, suggesting ideas for general and specific improvements, having an enquiring mind, taking interest in new approaches and tools
- You’re self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- You also have strong attention to detail and accuracy
- You have good English — communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills
- You have a master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer science or relevant
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Improve existing automation solutions (Python scripts, Ansible playbooks)
- Manage VMware clusters and Jenkins, troubleshoot deployments, and monitor performance
- Implement and update integrations for internal tools in Customer Success (e.g. using AWS services)
- Communicate with all team members to indicate issues and points for improvement.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM
- We live our values. We care about each other, the technology we create, and the customers we support. We know we’re constantly learning and improving, and look forward to sharing insights and techniques with each other.
- We have interesting customers. We support the Red Cross with dashboards about supplies, help a suicide prevention hotline with SQL+Python ML analysis, and enable Tinder to make better matches.
- We are our own customers. We’re heavy users of the features we build and have an intuitive understanding of what makes data teams so special and successful.
- “You have unlimited questions remaining” is core to our team’s philosophy. We are excited about learning and sharing together, and work hard to make sure that everyone is set up for success.
- We’re a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We’re constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best-in-class SaaS companies.
- We’re all working remotely now. However, a new office with a superior view is waiting for us when life gets back to normal. You will be allowed but not obliged to visit the office in a hybrid model.
- We hire only people we trust. All Sisensers join the company without a probation period.
- We believe all Sisensers should be owners in our company’s success. We grant all employees stock options that start vesting on Day One.
- We support a work-life balance philosophy and provide unlimited vacations (flexible time off) to all Sisensers.
- We support professional growth with a personal learning budget (for online courses, language programs, books, etc.), as well as corporate trainings, professional certifications, and so on.
- We care about each other. All team members have an extended medical insurance package and additional COVID-19 coverage.
- We provide Sisensers with a sport reimbursement to support physical fitness and mental wellbeing.