At Sisense, we are on a mission to empower modern data teams to deliver insights to everyone inside and outside their organizations. We bring “power to the builders” by enabling our customers to answer complex questions with data and drive the best business outcomes possible.
You will be joining the Sisense for Professional Services development team. On this team, we add awesome features and extensions to the product that empowers BI and Product teams to quickly connect to data sources, then explore and analyze data in a matter of minutes. It is also one of the best teams for understanding our business, as it touches everything from data ingestion and dashboarding through to permissions, APIs, and integrations. Our engineers do full-stack feature development and we foster an environment of rich learning, development, and knowledge sharing.
You’ll be working on: As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for gathering customer requirements and converting them into user stories, guiding engineers through the development process. You will work closely with Professional Services directors and Technical Account day to day to ensure smooth delivery of commitments. Product Owner is a direct subordinate to PSE Director.
What You’ve Already Accomplished...So Far
- You’ve already spent 3+ years working as a business analyst/PO with a strong focus on gathering requirements, prioritization, and execution
- You have in-depth knowledge of the development process and principles
- You have great communication skills, to be able to build strong relationships with customers and the development team
- You’re demonstrating a strong understanding of customer needs and the ability to translate them into a technical solution
- You’ve dealt with rich user experience products and user-behavior analysis
It’s also nice to have
- Knowledge or experience in BI and/or Big Data world
- Experience in data modelling
- You are not afraid to go into technical details of the feature
- You can demonstrate leadership and cooperation skills and the ability to motivate people for a task without being a formal manager
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You have also a Bachelor degree in engineering — computer networking, Industrial engineering, or MBA with Information technology expertise or similar advantage
What You’ll Do
- Gather customer requirements and transform them into Epics, User Stories, and technical tasks
- Continuously communicates and executes the PSE goals and roadmap to the development teams
- Participate in refinement and planning on story and task level
- Own the team backlog and define a teamwork plan
- Lead backlog grooming to maintain clear content, priorities, and estimations
- Answer questions from engineering, clarifying requirements
- Accept/Reject completed user stories and technical tasks
- Coordinate content dependencies with Professional Services teams
- Communicate teams status, both internally and externally
- Provide training on your products and conduct demos of developed functionality
- Interact with the Documentation team to clearly describe the features and functionality
Why You Should Join Our Team
- We live our values. We care about each other, the technology we create, and the customers we support. We know we’re constantly learning and improving, and look forward to sharing insights and techniques with each other.
- We have interesting customers. We support the Red Cross with dashboards about supplies, help a suicide prevention hotline with SQL+Python ML analysis, and enable Tinder to make better matches.
- We are our own customer. We’re heavy users of the features we build and have an intuitive understanding of what makes data teams so special and successful.
- “You have unlimited questions remaining” is core to our team’s philosophy. We are excited about learning and sharing together, and work hard to make sure that everyone is set up for success.
- We’re all working remotely now. However, a new office with a superior view is waiting for us when life gets back to normal. You will be allowed but not obliged to visit the office on a hybrid mode.
- We hire only people we trust. All Sisensers join the company without a probation period.
- We believe all Sisensers should be owners in our company’s success. We grant all employees stock options that start vesting on Day One.
- We support a work-life balance philosophy and provide unlimited vacations (flexible time off) to all Sisensers.
- We support professional growth with personal learning budget (for on-line courses, language programs, books etc.), as well as corporate trainings, professional certifications and so on.
- We care about each other. All team members have extended medical insurance package and additional COVID-19 coverage.
- We provide Sisensers with a sport reimbursement to support physical fitness and mental wellbeing.
- We’re a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We’re constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies.