Similarweb, the leading digital intelligence product used by Google, Amazon, and the New York Times, is looking for a Full Stack Team Leader who wants to level up his/her career at our Kyiv site.
What makes the Similarweb R&D team awesome?
- High-performance web serving layer, capable of providing analytics on hundreds of millions of pages and domains with sub-second latency
- Work with cutting-edge technology — we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
Here’s what your day will look like:
- Build, lead and mentor a multi-platform team of 6 engineers.
- Collaborate with product managers, and other team leaders to plan, nurture, and implement an efficient and effective development process.
- Lead designs & decision-making processes of the team.
- Design, code, and manage large-scale, highly available services using cutting-edge technologies.
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them.
- Determine feasibility by performing risk management and evaluating tradeoffs.
- Lead decision-making & design of APIs, mechanisms, and abstractions.
- Build new features and directly impact the future of our product end to end (frontend, backend, tests, monitoring, etc.) and cross platforms (services, web, mobile, desktop)
- Write high-quality, functional code — backend and frontend.
- Improve your skills, learn from and mentor top-notch engineers and enrich other team members.
- Have lots of fun!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field;
- 2+ years of experience leading engineering teams;
- 5+ years of previous engineering hands-on experience with web technologies;
- At least 3 years of experience in developing server-side;
- At least 2 years of experience in developing front-end/mobile (Well-known frameworks- React, Vue, etc. — an advantage);
- Experience with Kotlin or desire switching to it purely;
- Experience with at least one large UI framework (react, angular, vue);
- Experience with databases;
- Experience in architecture and design of production-grade web services;
- Comfortable taking challenges and learning new technologies;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide constant dialog between teams;
- Ability to mentor and build the team;
- Ability to take business requirements and translate them to technical alternatives by performing risk management and evaluating tradeoffs;
- Love to be a hands-on leader;
- High proficiency in spoken and written English.
We’re going places — and so can you
We raised over $240M and have 800 employees across 10 global offices. In May 2021, we began trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), and we couldn’t have done it without each and every one of our Similarwebbers. And this is just the beginning.