Similarweb, the leading digital intelligence product used by Google, Amazon, and the New York Times, is looking for a Production Engineer who wants to level up his/her career at our Kyiv site. We are ready to consider developers who have previous infrastructure experience and want to dig deeply into it.
What makes the Similarweb R&D team awesome?
- High-performance web serving layer, capable of providing analytics on hundreds of millions of pages and domains with sub-second latency
- Work with cutting-edge technology — we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
Here’s what your day will look like:
- Creating APIs and tools that will be used by 100+ engineers and have a direct impact on how Similarweb delivers software and data.
- Design, build and manage highly available, scalable, and robust services.
- Manage thousands of servers and containers by automating infrastructure changes and deployments.
- Developing and maintaining our logging, monitoring, and alerting stacks.
- Troubleshooting and mitigating production incidents as part of an on-call rotation alongside engineers from within all other R&D groups (and making sure we don’t get the same alert twice)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Experience in developing server-side applications and tooling using Python/Ruby/Java/Node.js/Go.
- Vast experience with running a large-scale operation.
- Deep understanding in Linux: troubleshooting, designing robust architectures, and understanding the internals;
- Good understanding of Web Servers, Load Balancers, Caching Systems, Relational Databases, Networking, etc.
- Ability and willingness to say your opinion and back it up with hard facts.
It’s a plus if you also have:
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, etc.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration solutions such as Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos, or Swarm
- Experience building web-based and CLI tools.
- Experience with AWS.
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, Airflow, HBase, etc.
We’re going places — and so can you
We raised over $240M and have 800 employees across 10 global offices. In May 2021, we began trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), and we couldn’t have done it without each and every one of our Similarwebbers. And this is just the beginning.