The ideal candidate brings relevant experience from the IT industry, and you will use this to take an active part in people and organization development process. In addition, we expect most of below apply to you:
• A master’s degree in computer science, Economics, Engineering or similar
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as team leader, SW project manager or line manager
• Strong leadership and communication skills, as coach and motivator
• Experience with agile practices or SAFe would be beneficial
• Empathic and thrive by working with people
• A clear sense of priority and a good track record of executing plans
• Great English communication skills, written as well as spoken, as English is our corporate language
• Understanding of the financial services industry will be an advantage
The scope of the Development Manager position is the team level. All individuals on the team level report to the Development Manager in the line dimension.
The Development Manager is responsible for growing people and agile teams. This is done by competency development, performance management and talent management/recruitment. Scope of your work in agile organization also covers creating the right environment for team collaboration, continuing our change towards lean agile behaviors and growing people and agile teams to ensure successful delivery — short and long term. Your responsibilities will furthermore include:
• People management
• Building high performing teams by recruiting and developing employees to work optimally together and cooperate in a large development organisation
• Supporting the development of technical skills of various professions in the scrum team
• Managing the Scrum Masters and Product Owners
• Create a high-performance culture, cultivating learning and innovation in the organization
• Participating in SAFe/Agile rituals such as retrospectives and planning events
• Helping to remove impediments identified by agile teams
• Attract, recruit, and retain capable individuals.
• Build high-performance teams; establish mission and purpose for individuals and teams.
• Perform career counseling and personal development.
• Listen and support teams in problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision-making.
• Participate in defining and administering compensation, benefits, and promotions.
• Eliminate impediments and evolve systems and practices in support of Lean-Agile development.
• Have subtle control of assigning individuals to teams, address issues that teams cannot resolve, and make personnel changes where necessary.
• Evaluate performance, including team input; provide guidance and corrective actions.
• Serve as Agile coach and advisor to Agile Teams.
• Remain close enough to the team to add value and to be a competent manager; stay far enough away to let them problem-solve on their own.
• On a system level, participate in driving business improvement strategy formulation and execution together with other leadership roles.
Execution-wise the responsibility in our RnD part of SimCorp follows the SAFe framework meaning that Scrum masters and Release train engineers are driving the daily execution. You, as Development Manager, are jointly accountable with SAFe roles for deliverables in the right quality and time.
This job description is heavily inspired by the article about Lean-Agile leaders, www.scaledagileframework.com/lean-agile-leadership.
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds.
Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career