Are you an experienced Back-End Engineer who can work with multiple technologies, languages, and frameworks? Are you constantly looking for ways to work smarter, delivering new efficiencies anywhere an improvement can be made? Do you enjoy delivering software quickly adhering to best practices and taking pride in your well-factored code?
If yes, you are very likely the one to enjoy this role!
We are working with a rapidly growing US AdTech company which connects consumer experiences at scale via media and technology.
Commerce platform for the open internet connects advertising, marketing, and CX through critical data and engaging digital experiences across platforms ranging from mobile to connected TV.
Across Connected TV, Mobile, and Desktop the product empowers premium publishers to create experiences that allow them serving the widest possible audience by optimizing consumers’ time and attention and delivering impactful results for advertisers. Brands and Advertisers have opportunity to get on our true attention guarantee of effective, zero-waste, high-engagement ad experiences that drive measurable brand funnel impact.
As a Back-end Engineer, you will be an important part of the team working on proprietary ad server which is cornerstone technology.
If you’re excited by and have experience working in high traffic environments, building public-facing APIs, and take pride in your well-factored code, this might be the role for you.
- Develop and launch new capabilities to adapt to evolving business needs
- Be an active and engaged owner of the product and customer experience, collaborating effectively with Product Management, Data Science, and other disciplines
- Maintain high standards of code quality, including tests and documentation, and encourage the same by providing constructive code reviews to collaborators
- Work closely with other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility of new features
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, exciting environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across our various endpoints
- Provide architectural input when designing new features, both within the ad server, as well as to the overall back-end platform, with an eye toward fault tolerance and low latency
- Triage and debug operational issues and outages
- 5+ years of working experience in software development
- High level of experience with at least one dynamic language (Ruby, Python)
- Strong knowledge of at least one functional language (Elixir, Scala)
- Experience writing and communication with back-end services using RESTful APIs, gRPC, or messaging-based systems
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience using Git for version control
- At least Upper-Intermediate level of English
Will be a plus:
- Experience building high traffic, public APIs
- Experience with AWS (especially DynamoDB and Kinesis)
- Passion for following SOLID Design Principles
- Experience in the advertising industry, with knowledge of major actors in the ad tech ecosystem (DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, RTB)
- High level of self-organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Committed to quality and capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Flexibility and initiative
- Health & Legal support
- Discount program
- Sport activities
- Outstanding offices
- Comfortable place in a cozy room
- Continuous education
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Diversity of Domains & Businesses
- Variety of technology