We invite a WordPress Developer focused on development and teamwork and would like to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
You will start in a team consisting of Middle and Senior specialists that focuses on the back-end part of the solution on WordPress.
You will be responsible for setting up WordPress core, plugins installation, implementation of the design/provided markup, various 3rd party integrations, maintenance of the solution, updates, security hardening, and performance optimization.
The variety of projects being developed at Sigma Software allows to permanently grow professionally and get involved in new career opportunities, study front-end (Vue.js, React, Angular) and PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony).
CUSTOMER AND PROJECTS:
Our customers are mostly from Europe and the USA, with web solutions in such domain areas as Finance, E-com, Education, Consulting, Construction, Healthcare.
- 3+ years of Hands-on experience in WordPress CMS (themes/plugins development/customization)
- Knowledge of the most popular WordPress plugins and practices (cache, security, e-commerce, etc.)
- Solid experience with MySQL (MariaDB)
- Solid experience with popular web servers configurations (Apache, nginx)
- Good knowledge of Docker and Linux ecosystem
- Ability to find narrow places and fix them (profiling, increasing performance, analyzing)
- Experience with Git and GitFlow
- Understanding of CI concepts (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- Intermediate level of spoken and written English
WILL BE A PLUS:
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming, SOLID principles
- Code, develop integration tests, debug, document, implement, and maintain portions of software
- Promote good design principles, such as code reuse, modularity, and extensibility
- Provide assistance to test engineers and support personnel in solving technical issues of software installation and its operation
- Perform code review for compliance with the best engineering practices, coding standards, and quality criteria set forth on the project
- Continuously participate in technical risks identification and analysis, immediately notify the Project Manager of new risks identified, and suggest a mitigation strategy
- Report status and progress according to the project and company demands
- Contribute to the creation of technical specifications
- Participate in estimation and planning sessions