A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Doordash, Binance, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver an outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
Sift is a series E company with a valuation of $1.7 billion as a unicorn. In 2021, Sift acquired Chargeback to extend the company’s product portfolio. Sift was nominated as the Best Employer in 2020 in Seattle.
Sift is a big data ML-based platform that processes 70B API requests per month, processes 1PB of data, and tens of thousands of transactions per second.
Sift mission: Help everyone trust the Internet
The Console Platform bridges the gap between our machine learning at scale and our customers’ needs. By combining a strong sense of what is right for the customer with knowledge of big data and distributed systems, we provide a seamless way for our customers to make decisions, learn insights and navigate the ever-changing world of fraud-fighting without needing to understand the complex technology underneath. That means creating a web application that distills complex ML signals, automation tools running on a highly-available multi-service architecture and providing customer-facing analytics tooling to make endless streams of data understandable, actionable, and usable.
Our R&D team consists of over 100 engineers and 40+ of them are based in Ukraine. The Ukraine Console Platform team has 5 engineers and a product manager in Ukraine.
What we’re looking for:
Managers who are inspiring, creative, flexible, and can identify and bring focus to What’s Important Now will excel in our organization and make the biggest impact. Bring your toolbox of effective and varied communication skills and techniques.
You value collaboration, transparency, and a Get Stuff Done mindset. As a leader, you understand the importance of these aspects of engineering success and lead by example. We are firm believers in servant leadership.
You strengthen a culture of mentorship, give regular feedback, set goals and understand how to get the most out of your staff. You manage the career development of your team and grow engineering groups by hiring effectively.
Opportunities for you:
- Professional growth: quarterly Growth Cycles instead of performance review;
- Experience: knowledge sharing through biweekly Tech Talks sessions. You will learn how to build projects that handle petabytes of data and have small latency and high fault tolerance;
- Business trips and the annual Sift Summit, in 2022, Summit took place in California;
- Remote work approach: you can choose where you work better.
What would make you a strong fit:
- 7+ years of professional web development experience, 2+ years leading teams & managing scalable systems;
- Experience building highly available low-latency systems using Java, Scala, Python;
- Experience in delivering reach customer-facing UI projects;
- Deep technical experience in working with high volume high availability applications;
- Experience hiring, mentoring, and developing top engineering talent;
- Experience initiating cross-functional collaboration between multiple functions (technical and non-technical);
- Strong management and project management skills for planning and executing complex projects;
- B.S. in Computer Science (or related technical discipline), or related practical experience.
- Experience in building REST APIs;
- Experience building reaches SPA applications using modern FE frameworks (React or Angular);
- Knowledge of GCP or AWS cloud stack for web services and big data processing.
What you’ll do:
- Manage engineering Console Platform team in Ukraine R&D center, having 5 people in a span of control;
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team of talented, broadly-capable engineers who own key areas of our fraud detection platform, as well as systems that deliver unique, strategic insights in a challenging domain;
- Help identify key strategic areas for investment in both product and technical backlogs;
- Lead your team as they plan and deliver features and platform improvements;
- Drive integrations of several different UI applications under Sift Console;
- Collaborate with product managers and other engineering teams to ensure we are working effectively and focusing on the right priorities;
- Demonstrate and embody a strong, abiding commitment to the highest cultural standard, focusing on inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork.
Benefits and Perks:
- A compensation package that consists of financial compensation, a biannual 5% bonus, and stock options;
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage;
- 50$ for sports and wellness;
- Education reimbursement: books, education courses, conferences;
- Flexible time off: we follow an unlimited vacation approach;
- Tuned work schedule to Ukraine time zone despite US offices location: biweekly demo sessions are optional for our team and we watch them from recording;
- Mental Health Days: additional day-offs;
- English courses and social activities inside the company that allow improving your public speaking and language.
We follow the same process for all teams, technical interview consists of 2 parts:
- 60 min phone interview with the head of the Ukraine R&D team;
- On-site interview: 4 sessions, 45 mins each, that cover engineering management, people management, system design, experience, and soft skills.
During our sessions, you will have the opportunity to learn about company culture, meet engineering leads from our team, and discuss distributed systems and distributed teams’ work problems. You will have time for all interesting questions and transparency regarding your future responsibilities and the project.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles the personal data of job applicants: sift.com/recruitment-privacy