About us — How Sift helps companies grow securely:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Sift helps to stop fraud before it happens. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Coinbase, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver an outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
Sift is a Series E company with a valuation of $1.7 billion as a unicorn in 2021. Sift acquired Chargeback startup to extend the company’s product portfolio. Sift was nominated as the Best Employer in 2020 in Seattle.
Sift is a big data ML-based platform that processes 70B API requests per month, processes 1PB of data, and tens of thousands of transactions per second.
Sift mission: Help everyone trust the internet.
Company presentation from the Head of Ukraine R&D.
The Core Platform team is responsible for the data/infrastructure/messaging/services platform that powers Sift’s online systems. We make sure they are available and performant at all times to serve our customers. In the event of an outage and failure, we will have practiced plans to be able to recover. These large and complicated systems require constant vigilance to meet these goals
Our R&D team consists of over 100 people, 40+ of them are based in the Kyiv R&D office.
- Java 11
- Python 3
Opportunities for you:
- Professional growth: quarterly Growth Cycles instead of performance review
- Experience: knowledge sharing through biweekly Tech Talks sessions. You will learn how to build projects that handle petabytes of data, have small latency and high fault tolerance
- Business trips and the annual Sift Summit, in 2022 Summit take place in California
- Hybrid work approach: you can choose where you work better remotely or in the office
What would make you a good fit:
- 5+ years of experience as DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
- Strong programming skills with such languages as Java or Scala, or Python
- Extensive experience building & managing cloud infrastructure on AWS or GCP
- Experience solving problems with production systems, and building solutions and automation to prevent them from reoccurring
- Proven experience with automation and knowledge of configuration management tools
- Experience building infrastructure as code and automating infrastructure provisioning steps, such as CloudFormation/terraform
- Strong experience with monitoring and alerting systems, both open-source and commercial
- Familiarity with Docker and container clustering technologies like Kubernetes, GKE, or AWS ECS
What you’ll do:
- Build immutable infrastructure and multi-AZ/multi-region fault-tolerant systems that are anti-fragile
- Multi-region deployment: deploying Bigtable cluster which spans multiple regions (how can we make a specific customer stick to a specific region, sticky sessions at region level)
- Local development and testing as fast and painless as possible
- Create Dynamic environments (complete env to a specific service talking to other env.)
- Bot — deployment to monitoring via Slack
Benefits and perks:
- A compensation package that consists of financial compensation, a biannual 5% bonus, and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 50$ for sports and wellness
- Education reimbursement: books, education courses, conferences
- Flexible time off: we follow an unlimited vacation approach
- Tuned work schedule to Kyiv timezone despite US offices location: biweekly demo sessions are optional for our team and we watch them from recording
- Mental Health Days: additional day-offs
- English courses and social activities inside the company that allow improving your public speaking and language
We follow the same process for all teams, technical interview consists of 2 parts:
- 60 min technical phone interview with the engineering manager, 1 coding task;
- On-site interview: 4 sessions, 45 mins each, that cover coding, system design, experience, and soft skills.
During our sessions, you will have the opportunity to learn about company culture, meet engineers from your team and discuss distributed system problems. You will have time for all interesting questions and get transparency regarding your future responsibilities and the project.
Sift is an equal-opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles the personal data of job applicants: sift.com/recruitment-privacy