Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
About the Industry
The US is the second-largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
•3+ years of experience with Typescript
•3+ years of experience with Node.JS
•Strong system design and design patterns
•Experience with MongoDB, PostgreSQL databases, ElasticSearch
Will be a plus:
• Huge plus if you have experience with working with international teams, Redis databases, Kafka (additionally Connect API, Streams API)
•Preferably located in Kyiv
• Highly skilled & friendly team with excellent work attitude. We welcome talented and motivated professionals that enjoy working with equals.
• Startup environment with minimum bureaucracy. Consensus is achieved through direct democracy. Each vote can make a diff.
• Your professional growth will be boosted to the moon. We have the latest stack, the most skilled team members and everyone gets at least one hour to spend on self-education daily.
• Great salary package. We are filling out key positions and value your hard and soft skills high.
• Paid vacation and sick leave period. We respect your desire to work from home when required by circumstances. Nowadays health is a priority number one.
• Engineering Department in Kyiv, UA, and headquarters in San Jose, CA.
What will you be doing?
•Communicate regularly with the engineering leadership and product managers to ensure the project is on track and checkpoint goals are met.
•Consult on best engineering approaches, technologies, architecture, design, tools, and solutions.
• Provide implementation estimates and evaluations of different solutions, approaches, frameworks, etc.
•Take up challenges faced within the engineering team like problems in the release process, build issues, and other pressing problems raised by customers that require quick turnaround with the highest quality of work.
•Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
•Provide solutions for discovered bottlenecks and get a chance to refactor parts of the code
• Create tools and automate requests
Shopmonkey.io (www.shopmonkey.io) — the #1 Auto Repair Shop Management Software for Mechanics, Auto Repair Shops, Motorcycle Shops, Truck Repair & Body Shops.
The product is 5 years old with nationwide customers in the USA and Canada. We focus on building a quality product.
The responsibility of the position is to work with other talented people together as a strong team to build awesome software.