ShipperHQ is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to come on board as a critical member of our growing engineering team. The right candidate will have a passion for technical operations and DevOps, and, like us, believes our customers are our number one priority.
ShipperHQ is a bootstrapped startup with an office in Austin, TX, and a market leader in the eCommerce Shipping space! Founded in 2009, we are a premier supplier of shipping software for eCommerce sites. We have 60+ staff spread across the UK, Australia, and the US, with our core team based in Austin, TX. We have a diverse team, who likes to run fast, deliver high quality and have some fun.
- Work with our Operations and Engineering teams to maintain and improve our production environments
- Manage the monitoring of our growing AWS cloud infrastructure
- Be an escalation point for infrastructure outages and provide root cause analysis feedback to senior management
- Monitor infrastructure from a capacity planning and security perspective
- Work closely with software engineers on DevOps projects
- Provide training and guidance on monitoring, diagnosis and infrastructure
Our ideal candidate has
- 5+ years of experience in Operations Engineering
- Direct experience of operations within a highly available, high volume environment
- Experience with application and infrastructure support practices and procedures for critical systems
- Direct experience managing applications on cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Experience with monitoring and profiling tools
- Experience with containers, build and release tools and deployment strategies
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and a high quality bar
- Strong communication skills and organisational skills, preferably some project management experience
- Degree in computer science, software or equivalent preferred
We’re looking for 5+ years technical skills and experience in any or all of the following
- AWS EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Route 53, CloudWatch Architecture & Implementation
- User experience of Failover/Resilience/Recovery
- Deep experience of mySQL servers
- Work with a collaborative and motivated team with the ability to tie results in the organization directly to your actions.
- 22 Days off PTO
- this is a remote position
- Compensation is based on experience.
At ShipperHQ, we’re proud to be a team that’s as diverse as the merchants we serve. As a member of the eCommerce community, we take our responsibility to empower shops large and small to grow and thrive through the power of technology to heart. With honesty, responsiveness, and innovation at the center of all we do, we remain committed to hiring the right people for the job, regardless of race, background, religion, or eccentricity.