* Fluent English (please take this test learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/...online-english-level-test and attach the screenshot with your result when submitting your application. You should score at least 80%)
* At least 3 years of experience working as a Product Owner/Product Manager, ideally in a B2B SaaS product company
* Strong communication and analytical skills
* Experience in requirements lifecycle management
* Understand SDLC and agile methodologies
* Ability to communicate at an appropriate level of detail depending on the audience profile (engineering, management, customers)
* Be relentless in getting down to the core problem and able to explain the business value of a technical solution
* Be able to transform and elicit business requirements into product features to work alongside engineering by delivering value
* Experience with product metrics and analytics
* Experience with product prioritization
* Skilled in working with Confluence, Jira, Miro, MixPanel, and ProductBoard
* Experience in a client-facing role
* Knowledge of any graphical notation to draw flowcharts, activity / use case / component diagrams, etc.
* Business or IT-related education (such as Business Administration, Economics, Management, Computer Science, etc.).
* Company Stock Options
* Medical insurance
* 19 days of paid vacation leave per year. Unlimited sick leaves
* Hardware: MacBook Pro
* Education: access to Udemy Business account, company library of books, other opportunities are discussed on an individual basis
If you are looking for the adventure of a lifetime and are interested in this opportunity, please send the following information:
1) Resume and link to your LinkedIn profile
2) Some good references or links to previous projects you’ve worked on (would be a plus)
You can check our stack here> stackshare.io/shelf/shelf
* Analyze and coordinate product requirements with leadership, document and present them (ProductBoard, Confluence, Jira);
* Actively coordinate with designers, developers, and other stakeholders
* Collaborate with the engineering team in documenting feature scope and requirements
* Create detailed software specification for engineering teams
* Guide the product team through the suitable business analysis approaches and processes
* Identify clients’ business needs in coordination with the customer success manager (attend customer calls, analyze documentation and requirements from customers, etc.);
* Within a provided strategic direction, be an owner of a specific product direction, manage priorities and deliverables
* Work with the leadership team to define product strategy and goals
* Conduct competitive analysis and market research as it relates to your product ownership to support strategic initiatives and roadmap prioritization
* Write detailed software specifications
Our mission at Shelf is to enable all employees to instantly know more. Shelf is a highly awarded, innovative knowledge automation platform that revolutionizes how organizations curate and distribute company knowledge! With our powerful MerlinAI, Shelf helps organizations move from their difficult to use, legacy knowledge base to knowledge automation delivering answers on demand to employees with questions, to front-line staff interacting with prospects or customers, and to self-service interactions via your website. With many pre-built integrations, SDKs and APIs, Shelf’s open knowledge infrastructure is extensible and integrates seamlessly with enterprise applications to improve the customer experience and employee productivity.
We are experiencing rapid growth and quickly need to expand the sales team globally to keep up with market demand. This is an incredible opportunity for an elite sales professional to join a rapidly expanding sales organization growing revenue at over 300% per year. We have successfully acquired dozens of large enterprises including Fortune 100 customers and always deliver a great customer experience.
Team and roles>
We are building a team of individuals that are both strong team players and outstanding individual contributors. There’s no micromanagement — you will have all the trust and freedom as long as you do your job right.
An ideal candidate should always be up for the challenge, ready to work hard and make a difference every day. You will be responsible for the success of our customers and, ultimately, the success of the company.
This is a unique opportunity to apply your skills and creativity to help a cutting-edge tech company expand globally. There are self-development and professional growth ways, as the company grows very fast and is interested in a strong team.