Are you a motivated developer eager to join a startup team? Are you driven by the mission to build the next-generation top SME lender? Read on!
About the project:
DBT is a fintech startup in Stockholm looking to serve the missing middle of Swedish SME companies with tailored finance solutions to support their growth journeys. We apply a digi-human approach to give our customers the best experience, enabled by technology. We have a strong team, an established track record and customer base, and solid financial backing. We’re continuing our growth journey and expanding our tech team.
Who are we looking for?
We believe in the power of the team and persons rather than blind faith in individual CVs. We focus on hiring the right person with the right mindset and values. We want to build a strong diversified team with different skill sets and experiences.
- Curious self-starter with solid business acumen
- Strong analytical skills
- A structured mindset that likes to follow things to an end
- First-class interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong data visualization skills using tools such as ggplot, matplotlib, or equivalent
- Experienced user of PowerPoint and Excel
- Perform coding for analytical purposes using languages such as Python, R, or Scala
- Write queries to extract data from databases using SQL
As a Data Scientist at DBT, you will be the data expert and build stellar solutions that lay the foundations for superior experiences through data insights, whether it be credit assessment, customer onboarding, or client management. You will own models and data pipelines end-to-end and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is someone who is a curious doer with a genuine passion for building great solutions that scale. The candidate would also be up to date on the latest tools and technologies of how to build best-in-class data products — leveraging both quantitative as well as qualitative data sets.
In this role you’ll:
- Take end-to-end ownership of data needs for the Credit & Sales Team
- Build, improve and maintain models used in our Credit Intelligence Platform to take faster and better decisions
- Work with lots of alternative data points to improve our credit decision and monitoring processes E2E
Within 1 month you’ll have:
- Extracted several new features out of the available data (accounting data, credit, and 3rd party data) that enable DBT to build stronger models
- Presented a view and framework on how to build better data products faster to help scale the DBT credit offering
Within 3 months you’ll have:
- Developed your first end-to-end data product that enabled the Credit & Sales Team team to make better and faster decisions
- Become a core part of the Credit team, and the go-to-person for any data questions related to Credit Intelligence
Within 6 months you’ll have:
- Developed several new data products (models, features & services), that have significantly improved the Credit Underwriting process — in terms of speed, accuracy, and simplicity
- Presented and implemented a solution that will improve the Central Data function
What We Offer:
Banking does not equal boring. We believe that having a great time along the journey is as important as reaching the goal. Great people thrive under individual empowerment and strong team support.
- An entrepreneurial and challenger culture and to be part of a small, committed team where hard work is mixed with laughter and respect
- The freedom to structure your work in the best way for you
- To be a part of a start-up with the potential and vision of building the next generation SME lender
- 6 weeks of paid vacation
- 5 paid sick leave days
- HR support in Ukraine
- Business trips to Sweden
- Team building activities both in Ukraine and abroad
- Possibility for self-development
- Flexibility about working place