Settle is a FinTech company on a mission to help small and medium businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers.
Our growing team (50+ today) was founded in San Francisco along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We’re well funded (Series-B) with backing by Ribbit, Stripes, Kleiner Perkins, Founder’s Fund, Max Levchin’s SciFi Ventures, and others. We provide above-market pay, stock options, and competitive benefits like health insurance, English lessons, and flexible vacation time. We’ll be moving into a new large office in January. We’re looking for motivated engineers who are eager to build something from scratch to delight our customers!
Check out this Techcrunch article and AIN interview with our founder.
What You’ll Do
- Design and build data models, services, and APIs to power our webapp.
- Utilize heuristics, automation, and machine learning to streamline customer-facing workflows, internal underwriting decisions, and fraud detection.
- Scale and secure our systems to support an increasing number of users, features, business requirements, partners, and engineers.
- Collaborate with the team to build robust testing and deployment frameworks.
- Analyze, debug, and fix performance and correctness issues.
What We Look For
- CS fundamentals plus real-world experience. 3+ years of industry experience preferred. We primarily use Ruby on Rails in the backend. You have prior RoR experience and/or fluency in other dynamically typed OOP language(s), ideally with an ORM framework like Django and a willingness to learn Ruby on Rails.
- Webapp architecture design. The design choices we make today will form the foundation of our tech for years to come. You have an end-to-end understanding of how everything fits together from infrastructure up through display and love designing reliable and extensible systems.
- Adaptability. We’re a startup and project needs can change quickly. You’re someone that loves to jump into a new problem, learn what’s needed, and solve it.
- Customer-centric mentality. You care about the user, strive to understand their needs and build tools to solve their problems.
- Leadership. With rapid growth, we need and expect everyone to be a leader. You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown. You hold yourself and others to a high bar. You enjoy mentoring and growing other engineers.
- Communication Skills. You’ll need to actively communicate with coworkers in both the US and Ukraine. Proficiency in English and comfort in communicating your ideas, progress, and problems will be critical to your success.