What we definitely expect:
• Three years or more experience developing commercial applications for the Java platform
• Good English language communication skills (Intermediate level and higher)
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals knowledge (algorithms, data structures, concurrency, etc.) — preferably a B.Sc. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
• Strong knowledge of Java core
Important personal attributes:
• Logical thinker with exceptional problem solving skills
• An appreciation of modern user interface and software design
• Creative, innovative developer with a passion for making great software
• Ability to make and deliver on commitments
• Enjoys the challenge of rapidly coming up to speed on new and complex concepts
What we’d love you to have experience with:
• Swing, SWT, RCP or other rich Java UI technologies and frameworks
• Spring, Spring Data JPA or Hibernate, and JAX-RS RESTful services
• Working in an Agile, iterative development environment
• Oracle or PostgreSQL or MS SQL Server
• Working in geographically-distributed teams is a helpful experience
Work at Micro Focus is fun:
• Possibility to work with highly qualified colleagues and possibility to work on interesting and challenging tasks and projects.
• Opportunity to work in company that has strong position on the market and contribute to development of highly competitive products using state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies.
• Comfortable working environment with the office located at the Kiev center
• Flexible working hours
• Sport area at the office
• Medical insurance
• Parking slot
What you’ll do:
• You will be involved in design and conceptual discussions with other team members
• You will participate in the full life-cycle from product inception, design, code and delivery
• You will bring to the role a can-do attitude with an innovative approach to problem solving
• You will work with the Support group to suggest and implement solutions to specific customer issues
• You will work with new technologies and frameworks and apply them in product development
Join the Micro Focus | SERENA Software team to work on the industry leading Application Lifecycle Management product, Dimensions CM www.microfocus.com/products/dimensions-cm, designing and developing state of the art software in a multi-platform environment.
SERENA Software (www.serena.com) is the global leader in Application Lifecycle Management for the Enterprise. Based on 30 years of steady growth and innovation, Serena provides solutions that enable Global 2000 IT organizations to manage their projects, coordinate and integrate the software development lifecycle, and synchronize their processes on a global scale. More than 15,000 organizations around the world, including 96 of the Fortune 100, depend on Serena solutions.
At Serena, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training. Serena has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley, USA; London, UK; Kiev, Ukraine.