What we definitely expect:
• 2+ years of commercial experience in developing applications for the Java platform. We don’t consider Junior or Trainee for this position, sorry.
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals knowledge (algorithms, data structures, concurrency, etc.) — preferably a B.Sc. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
• Good knowledge of Java technologies: Java Core, Maven/Ant, Junit
• English language communication skills (Intermediate level and higher)
What we’d love you to have experience with:
• Knowledge of Git (or other source controls) and IDEs
• Knowledge of the Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) and JFace libraries
• Knowledge on consuming REST APIs
• Working in an Agile, iterative development environment
• Some experience in Spring and Angular frameworks might be helpful for future growth
Work at Micro Focus is fun:
• Possibility to work with highly qualified colleagues and possibility to work on interesting and challenging tasks and projects.
• Opportunity to work in company that has strong position on the market and contribute to development of highly competitive products using state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies.
• We are mainly working from home at the moment, but our comfortable office is waiting for us at the Kyiv center.
• Flexible working hours
• Medical insurance
• Possibility of remote work
You’d work in one of scrum teams developing the product which helps other companies to create, enhance and release their software faster and safer. Our product is used by engineers of the world-famous aerospace missions, banks, automotive, healthcare, and many others. Here in Ukraine we create products competing with Git-based solutions and Jira.
We are Ukrainian R&D site opened by Software development company Micro Focus in 2007. Through 15 years of steady growth and innovations, our engineering team delivers world-class software products that enable 98 of the Fortune 100 organizations to manage their projects, coordinate and integrate the software development lifecycle, and synchronize their processes on a global scale. More than 40,000 customers worldwide depend on solutions developed by more than 12,000 Micro Focus employees in 48 countries. At Micro Focus, our staff continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities, also by taking advantage of our extensive internal trainings.