What we definitely expect:
• Strong English language communication skills (to be able to interact with Customers)
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals knowledge (algorithms, data structures, concurrency, etc.) — preferably a B.Sc. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
• Deep seated belief in and proven track record of testing and debugging including unit-tests
Important personal attributes:
• Logical thinker with exceptional problem solving skills
• Willingness to meet with customers, and customer care as necessary
• Focused, methodical, consistent, a good listener
• Ability to make and deliver on commitments
What we’d love you to have experience with:
• Work experience developing servers, or middle tier software
• Knowledge of client server communications, REST services, TCP/IP, http(s), ssl
• Working in an Agile, iterative development environment
• Working in geographically-distributed teams is a helpful experience
• Stable and predictive working environment.
• Possibility to work with highly qualified colleagues.
• Opportunity to work in company that has strong position on the market and contribute to development of highly competitive products using state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies.
• Remote work option
• Comfortable working environment with the office located at the center of Kiev
• Flexible working hours
• Sport area at office
• Medical insurance
• Parking slot
What you’ll do:
• You will work with the Support group to suggest and implement solutions to specific customer issues
• You will work deeply on backend server side with simple and powerful core Java
• Will spend majority of time analyzing and debugging existing code, understanding customer issues, suggesting workarounds, and recommending bug fixes to the existing code base.
• You will be involved in design and conceptual discussions with other team members
MicroFocus is the global IT company. MicroFocus Kyiv R&D site was opened in 2007, after 14 years of steady growth and innovations Kyiv engineering team delivers world-class software products that enable Global 2000 IT organizations to manage their projects, coordinate and integrate the software development lifecycle, and synchronize their processes on a global scale. More than 15,000 organizations around the world, including 96 of the Fortune 100, depend on solutions developed in MicroFocus Kyiv R&D site. At MicroFocus, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal trainings.