What we definitely expect:
• Three years or more experience developing commercial applications for the Java platform
• Good English language communication skills (Intermediate level and higher)
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals knowledge (algorithms, data structures, concurrency, etc.) — preferably a B.Sc. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
• Deep knowledge of Java technologies: Java, Spring, Jersey, Maven, Junit
• Good understanding of OS: Linux and Windows
• Good understating of writing code vs following databases: Oracle, MSSQL and PostgreSQL and good understanding of database internals
• Knowledge how to write REST API and knowledge of web servers
• At least basic knowledge of working with containerized environments: Docker, Kubernetes.
• At least basic knowledge of cloud providers like AWS, Azure and their technological stack
• Understanding of Agile practices
• Knowledge of version control tools preferably Git
• Understanding of CI (Jenkins, other tools) and CD processes
• Experience with Akka, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Data, ActiveMQ
• Experience with SCRUM is a plus
• Possibility to work with highly qualified colleagues and possibility to work on interesting and challenging tasks and projects.
• Opportunity to work in company that has strong position on the market and contribute to development of highly competitive products using state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies.
• Comfortable working environment with the office located at the centre of Kiev
• Flexible working hours
• Sport area at office
• Medical insurance
• Parking space
Design and develop state-of-the-art systems software products in a multi-platform environment.
MicroFocus is the global IT company. MicroFocus Kyiv R&D site was opened in 2007, after 12 years of steady growth and innovations Kyiv engineering team delivers world-class software products that enable Global 2000 IT organizations to manage their projects, coordinate and integrate the software development lifecycle, and synchronize their processes on a global scale. More than 15,000 organizations around the world, including 96 of the Fortune 100, depend on solutions developed in MicroFocus Kyiv R&D site.
At MicroFocus, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal trainings.