Selerant (www.selerant.com) is a leading provider of project lifecycle management (PLM) software and works with some of the world’s largest manufacturers and best-known brands, including Nestle, Bacardi, Lindt, Barilla, Avon, Shiseido and Mapei.
Our software supports hundreds of companies around the globe in the Food & Beverage, Cosmetics and Chemical industries, manages their new product development process, regulatory compliance and quality management needs.
Due to strong business growth, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Technical Writer to join our international team.
The Technical Writer role works within our Product & Solutions Management group and it is a critical role supporting both our innovation and customer communications tracks — creating high quality, business-focused documentation for use by our internal teams and client end users.
This is a great opportunity for a professional who is looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and innovative software company!
You will work closely with our development, quality assurance and business analyst teams and with the product manager, project manager and designer.
Your goal is to create interesting, accessible and engaging content that is easy-to-read. To deliver succinct documents that simplify complexity and explain processes so they can be read and understood by the average reader
- Create business-orientated product documentation, aligned with Selerant standards on content, format, design and style
- Interpret functional and technical specification documents and produce end-user documentation
- Collaborate with product development teams to determine clear objectives and content required for documentation
- Define end user requirements for both business and technical-orientated documentation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve our documentation products and methods of delivery to customers.
- Standardize document content across multiple platforms and media
- Update documents as new features and functionality is built
To be successful in this role, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and competencies:
- 2-3 years of proven experience within technical documentation
- Excellent written and spoken English (higher education majoring in English is a plus)
- Advanced Microsoft Word 2017
Competencies & Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative, proactive and results-oriented mindset
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision and have strong work initiative
- Must be a good team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A self-starter who can work both independently and within a team
- Contribute to an established and experienced team working for this long term project
- Mature and highly professional Selerant leadership team
- Product training and development programs
- Become a critical part of an international product development, supporting software that that has a global user base.
Reporting & Collaboration Lines
This role reports to the Technical Writer Team Lead, who in return reports directly to the Global Director, Product & Solutions Management
Cross-functional Collaboration Matrix
- Marketing Solution Managers
- Product Owners
- Programme/Technical Project Managers
- Project Delivery teams — BAs, DEV/UI/UX engineers, QA, technical writers
- Resource Managers
- Sales & Marketing teams
- Professional Services teams
- Friendly, informal, and knowledge-sharing environment with smart people around you
- Chance to join a team and a company globally recognized for its cutting edge products
- Fast growing international company
- Cozy and friendly working atmosphere
- Corporate activities including common travels, ski, events, team building
- Partly or fully paid training (according to importance)
- Long-term project
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus program
- Medical Insurance
- Close cooperation with highly skilled professionals, functional and technical experts
- Opportunity for professional and career growth
- Free English Classes
- Free Italian Classes
- Convenient office location in the city center (5 minutes from metro station)