What we’re looking for?
We’re a group of fun, curious, out-of-the-box thinkers, who love working together to solve complex problems as much as we love hanging out together, and we’re looking for a talented and experienced Ruby on Rails developer to join us!
Why we’re a great company to work for?
- We have an awesome product. Our cutting-edge investing tools are helping 170,000 users exceed their financial goals.
- You’ll impact the lives of many people. We have 20 million unique users visiting Seeking Alpha every month. We work hard to make our users happy and help them build wealth.
- We are profitable and growing fast. All employees receive equity grants in-line with their cash compensation.
- We care about work-life balance. We work mostly from home, we provide lots of vacation days, and we insist that you enjoy them.
- We invest in people. We consider each employee a long-term investment, and we see value in continuously nurturing and training our team
- Develop API for modern cross-platform responsible SPA from the ground up.
- Participate in design and planning discussions, contribute architecture ideas.
- Develop and test new user-facing features.
- Write highly scalable, reusable and testable code.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and performance.
- Collaborate with other team members.
- Experience in OOP and MVC design and development patterns. Good understanding of data structures and design patterns.
- 4+ years of back-end development experience in building large, complex, highly scalable web applications using Ruby on Rails framework.
- Solid understanding of Ruby syntax, its nuances and core concepts. Ability to write clean and readable code.
- Familiarity with concepts of RESTful.
- Experience building API’s, including authentication, cleanliness, and role-based access permissions.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL database technologies (e.g. MySQL, ElasticSearch, CouchBase, Redis, etc.).
- Comfortable with source version control software (Git).
- Knowledge and understanding of server-side architecture best practices.
- Deep understanding of the HTTP protocol and networking.
- Knowledge or experience with Cloud computing technologies and environments (Amazon Web Services).