Seeking Alpha is looking for a Backend (Ruby on Rails) developer to join the R&D team. The position is 100% remote, work from home.
Why we’re a great company to work for?
- We have a mission. Seeking Alpha is about more than helping people make money. People who invest are 24% happier, 19% less stressed, and report a 36% increase in their sense of well-being (source). By helping investors to succeed, we help them to send children to college, achieve life goals, afford healthcare, and provide themselves with a secure retirement.
- We’re profitable and growing fast. We fuel our growth investments with our own capital, leading to greater stability for employees, and an inspiring growth-focused environment. All employees receive equity grants in-line with their cash compensation.
- You’ll work with great people. We work in small, tight-knit groups of smart, engaged people who bring everything to the table every day.
- We have fun. We love to get together at company events, which include Alphas who work from home. “Seeking Alpha doesn’t feed me well,” said no one ever.
- You’ll impact the lives of many people. We have 15 million unique monthly visitors, and 500,000 unique users visit Seeking Alpha every business day.
If that’s what you’re looking for too- go ahead and apply!
- Develop API for modern cross-platform responsible SPA from the ground up.
- Participate in design and planning discussions, contribute architecture ideas.
- Develop and test new user-facing features.
- Write highly scalable, reusable and testable code.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and performance.
- Collaborate with other team members.
- Experience in OOP and MVC design and development patterns. Good understanding of data structures and design patterns.
- 5+ years of back-end development experience in building large, complex, highly scalable web applications using Ruby on Rails framework.
- Solid understanding of Ruby syntax, its nuances and core concepts. Ability to write clean and readable code.
- Familiarity with concepts of RESTful.
- Experience building API’s, including authentication, cleanliness, and role-based access permissions.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL database technologies (e.g. MySQL, ElasticSearch, CouchBase, Redis, etc.).
- Comfortable with source version control software (Git).
- Knowledge and understanding of server-side architecture best practices.
- Deep understanding of the HTTP protocol and networking.
- Knowledge or experience with Cloud computing technologies and environments (Amazon Web Services).