• 3+ years of experience writing documentation for software products.
• Experience authoring documentation using FrameMaker, MS Word, and markup languages (preferably AsciiDoc).
• Experience with version control systems (preferably Git and GitHub).
• Outstanding writing, structuring, editing, and proof-reading skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact frequently with SMEs and stakeholders.
• Strong, flexible writing skills appropriate for a technical and nontechnical audiences with the ability to strike a conversational or more formal tone as required.
• Ability to author clear, detailed, professional, and well-designed technical documentation.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand complex software and concepts.
• Understanding of file systems and source repositories.
• Experience with agile software development.
• Ability to structure large amounts of information and anticipate the reader’s knowledge gaps.
As a plus
• A background in software development.
• Experience designing web documentation.
• Familiarity with the principals of ’docs as code’.
• Experience authoring context-sensitive help.
• Competitive salaries.
We know for sure that there are no such cookies in the world that can substitute the good paycheck :), so we provide competitive salaries according to the level of your skills.
• Interesting projects.
Being a product company, we can ensure that you will be working on a challenging and interesting project (architecture-wise and functionality-wise). This way you will grow your expertise and develop a lot of new professional skills. All our projects are long-term.
• Flexible working schedule.
We have flexible
• Comfortable working environment.
• Fully paid sick leave and vacation days (20 working days per year)
• Compensation of the tax payments
• English classes
• English speaking club with native speaker
• Recreation area equipped with ping-pong table and other amenities
• Incentives for the creative ideas
• Medical insurance
• Work independently and in close collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs) and stakeholders to produce high-quality documentation.
• Plan, write, and review internal and customer-facing documentation for Sectigo products and services. This includes administrator guides, developer guides, user guides, software reference guides, how-to pages, API documentation, and process documentation.
• Publish PDF and web-based documentation.
• Continually research, and advocate for, improvements to documentation processes and practices.
• Analyze documents to maintain style consistency.
• Provide guidance to various documentation contributors.
Sectigo is a leading provider of digital identity solutions, including SSL / TLS certificates, DevOps, IoT, and enterprise-grade PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) management, as well as multi-layered web security. As the world’s largest commercial Certificate Authority with more than 700,000 customers and over 20 years of experience in online trust, Sectigo partners with organizations of all sizes to deliver automated public and private PKI solutions for securing web servers, user access, connected devices, and applications. Recognized for its award-winning innovation and best-in-class global customer support, Sectigo has the proven performance needed to secure the digital landscape of today and tomorrow.