• Strong Technology and Solution Domain expertise and insight on pending market shifts.
• Able to serve as a critical voice in the decision process and the leadership of the product.
• Exchanges product and technical ideas with the product team; influences technical strategy.
• Understanding of Technical Writing principals, including planning, project management, editing and publishing.
• Bachelor’s Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related field preferred.
• Typically 5 or more years in an industry-related role. Will typically have worked in technical support, system administration or product development type roles with exposure to marketing.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
• In-depth understanding of overall market and segments, and the impact of changing market conditions and forces.
• In-depth understanding of competitor products and alternative solutions.
• Synthesizes varied input to identify unique opportunities, emerging disruptive trends, and unmet needs.
• Demonstrates empathy for customer needs and expectations.
• In-depth understanding of how to communicate customer needs and expectations to various internal stakeholders; owns the voice of the customer.
• In-depth understanding of the sales process and buyer personas, and the customer journey.
Concept and Product Development:
• Ability to communicate the product vision to help drive the product team towards value.
• Acts as the content authority for the program backlog; is respected and demonstrates servant leadership in driving the product vision.
• Validates early and often with customers, prospects, and industry experts.
• Familiarity with XML authoring tools (such as Xopus, Oxygen and FrameMaker) and SDL Tridion Docs, including file repository structure and access control, Publication Manager and Condition Manager clients, and the Web Client
• Competitive salary
• Bonus system based on appraisal results
• 100% compliance with Labor Law and even more (100% covered sick leaves, 24 WORKING days of vacation)
• Medical insurance (A and A+ class clinics)
• English lessons
• Comfortable office location (near Petrivka Metro station)
• Free parking
• Comfortable working environment (hi-end workstations, recreation area)
• Daily fruits and snacks
• Work as part of the extended Product Management team in support of the overall Product Management discipline for a Release Train.
• Work as part of the extended Product Team, including Product Managers, other Product Owners, UX and Architects in facilitating the processes, practices and principles necessary to delivering outstanding business value and an exceptional customer experience.
• Lead continuous market research and assessment activities to ensure the team is aligned to the market opportunities, and able to react quickly to changing market dynamics.
• Program Increment (PI) Planning
Prepare for PI Planning, including:
• Support Program Backlog Refinement.
• Support preparation of presentation materials critical to the release planning process. Support the prioritization of Features to ensure business alignment.
Actively participate in the PI Planning process, including:
• Work in close partnership with assigned Agile Teams, providing business and customer context to the planning activities.
• Lead the definition of User Stories and Story Acceptance Criteria in partnership with the Agile Team.
• Work with team to define the definition of ready/done.
• Lead User Story prioritization.
• Support the Agile team in the process of Story sequencing, sprint loading, and estimation activities.
• Draft the Agile Team Program Increment objectives/project charter.
• Lead the on-going refinement of the Team Backlog, including
• Adding new stories or removing stories no longer applicable to the release.
• Story Prioritization.
• Sizing of stories.
Actively support the Agile Team during iteration planning including:
• Lead story refinement and elaboration, ensuring stories are clear, unambiguous and ready for the team to work on.
• Own definition of story acceptance criteria.
• Accept the final iteration plan during the iteration planning meeting.
• Balance team capacity at the sprint level across % breakdown of new stories, refactoring, improvement activities, and technical debt reduction.
Program Increment Execution:
• Attend Agile Team ceremonies including Daily Stand-ups or Retrospectives as needed.
• Actively manage impediments raised by the team that may impact velocity, quality, or value.
Actively participate in the Team Demo, including:
• Facilitating the system demo.
• Actively engage customers in the demos to get actionable feedback on the value delivered during each iteration.
• Accept stories into the backlog, including validation that the story meets its acceptance criteria and definition of done.
• Participate in the Retrospective, working across teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase the velocity and quality.
If you are enthusiastic about Structured Content Management (XML/DITA) and Cloud Deployment techniques, have a strong background in products and technologies for enterprise cloud solutions and like to create market-leading products and solutions, this could be the ideal opportunity for you. The Product Owner serves as the customer proxy to the Agile team. Working as part of the Product Management team, they will own, define and prioritize the team backlog, establish story acceptance criteria, drive content via prioritized user stories, obtain customer validation and accept stories, ensuring that the solution effectively addresses overall program priorities while maintaining technical integrity. This role is a senior Product Owner who can work independently interfacing with other Product Owners, Product Managers, Cross-Functional Team members, and internal and external customers at every level.