Preferred Technical Skills:
• Good technical troubleshooting and problem resolutions skills
• Experience in a technical support role is a plus
• General understanding of virtualized environments.
• Understanding of and experience with case handling processes and understanding of R&D development cycles and release management
• Any experience of the following is advantageous: XML, SQL query language, PowerShell, Networking, Fiddler, Web Debugger, Packet analyzers, or other web-related technologies
• Understanding of DITA is a plus
• Knowledge of editors such as XMetaL, FrameMaker, Arbortext, and Oxygen is a plus
Critical Skills & Competencies:
• Constantly looks for opportunities to improve work processes and results.
• Demonstrates concern and takes action for meeting and exceeding their customer’s expectations and requirements.
• Adaptable, curious individuals who experiment and are adaptable to changing needs and priorities
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Fast and engaged learner of new technologies and products
Bonus system based on appraisal results;
100% compliance with Labor Law and even more (100% covered sick leaves, 24 WORKING days of vacation);
Medical insurance (A and A+ class clinics);
Comfortable office location (near Pochina/Petrovka Metro station);
Comfortable working environment (hi-end workstations, recreation area);
Daily fruits and snacks.
Operational Excellence — Effectively and efficiently supports customers on a variety of products and technologies by providing your technical skills to advice and guidance on the use of products and resolving issues. Independently manages and prioritizes workload to achieve deadlines and KPIs.
Delivers Quality, Value, Results — Applies technical support and product skills to quickly determine the nature of the customer issue and identify an appropriate course of action. For example: user errors vs. technical issues. Escalates issues and involves others where needed to achieve a successful resolution.
Functional Excellence — Improves customer service by contributing to knowledge management resources, identifying and communicating software defects and/or enhancements to product development, and identifying new information that would be helpful to customers.
Relationship Building — Builds strong working relationships internally in order to collaborate on solving customer issues. Leveraging technical and customer knowledge, offers credible input to product development on software bugs and enhancements.
Additional Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Provide technical product support to customers, partners and consultants according to the support procedures in order to resolve problems of different complexity levels in a timely manner, according to the support and maintenance agreement
• Guarding and meeting the service level as agreed with our customers, partners and the internal organization
• Maintains support case status, including root cause, within the support case management system
• Maintain a working relationship with Customers, support teams, QA, and Engineering
• Contribute to the SDL philosophy that Support Services are a true differentiator
• Review development documentation and provide feedback on Technical Support and Customer Requirements / Implications
SDL develops the world-leading CMS system — SDL Web. Our enterprise-class WCM solution targets global enterprise corporations. HP, Lexus, Emirates, KLM, Disney and many others are running their web sites using SDL Web, in multiple languages, across multiple channels. In addition to content creation, management, translation, delivery and archiving solutions, SDL products provide language solutions, brand management, targeted communication, multi-channel delivery and visitor interaction capabilities.
As an Application Support Engineer, you apply deep technical and customer support experience to deliver high-quality support services and programs that achieve excellent customer satisfaction. Build strong credibility relationships with customers and internal stakeholders through superior technical skills and technical know-how. The Application Support Engineer is responsible for dealing with 1st level and 2nd level support requests from SDL’s customers and partners according to the support procedures in order to obtain high customer satisfaction and reference-able customers.