● BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
● Solid knowledge of Android SDK, Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
● A good grasp of Object-Oriented programming and common design patterns
● A good understanding of client-server fundamentals.
● Proven work experience on a real app (please include app info).
● Experience with user interface implementation on mobile and passion for delivering great user experience. ● Passion for UI and crafting slick mobile user experiences.
● Self-motivated and fast learner with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code and delightful mobile experience
Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Plus500 is a global software company that develops and successfully operates a leading online trading platform in over 50 countries. Plus500 is listed on the London Stock Exchange since 2013 and recently on the FTSE 250 index, and is the proud Main Sponsor of Atletico de Madrid football club.
At our Department, we work in small release cycles in order for our customers to get the best experience as fast as possible. We believe that strong and agile architecture will lead to a more stable environment and will ease maintenance tasks. Therefore we strive to build flexible APIs between our Server and our native Client Apps (e.g. Android, iOS and Web clients). Open Source Libraries and new technologies are our way of achieving all of this, RxJava, Jackosn, Retrofit, ConstraintLayouts, Data Binding, and Kotlin are just some of these technologies we work with on a daily basis.