Why we need you:
On behalf of PokerStars, SD Solutions is looking for a Software Engineer (C++). At PokerStars, there are several interconnected high-throughput systems. The challenge of maintaining the fleet up and running includes befriending:
Windows and Linux.
XML/JSON and [proprietary] binary protocols.
Real-time data streaming, with broadcast capabilities.
[Mostly single-threaded] event-based state machines.
Effectively, a custom-built hybrid cloud, with physical machines, VMs, and [some] Kubernetes.
With the team growing, we are looking for a dedicated Software Engineer to establish, prototype, and then oversee the efforts to ensure the ongoing quality of our protocols and data pipelines.
• Interest and experience with system programming: networking, storage, thread models.
• Deep understanding of either Windows or Linux internals, and the desire to dive into the other one.
• Extensive experience with both C++ when it comes to reading code, and with C++ when it comes to writing code.
• Patience and diligence: debugging, and even reasoning about a non-trivial high-load distributed state machine is not for everyone.
• Understanding of TCP/IP, UDP and HTTP protocols is a big advantage
• Highly self-motivated, proactive, and comfortable multitasking
• * B.Sc. or higher in Math, CS, or EE
We genuinely care about our employees’ happiness and engagement.
Office in the center of the city
Fully stocked kitchen (when in the office).
Newest working equipment
Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day.
Work culture focused on innovation and the creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
• Analyze the existing designs and understand their implementations.
• Establish and implement testing procedures for existing and new data-heavy features.
• Build and maintain the tools that perform functional, integration, load, and stress tests.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry-leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Bulgaria service office in the Web Poker department.