Our team has a big and exciting challenge ahead. We are now looking for a talented Senior Back-End Engineer to join our team to contribute in Live betting and Player Fantasy Projections development and improvement. The ideal candidate is both technically talented as a software engineer and interested in data and data science.
What you should have:
• 4+ years of professional experience using Node.js;
• Experience with Python/Flask including exposure to data science packages (NumPy, Pandas);
• Database Experience (SQL and NoSQ, mainly PostgreSQL, MongoDB);
• Experience with distributed systems and microservices;
• Experience with building solid API’s handling big loads;
• Message Queues (RabbitMQ or any other message broker);
• Good math skills (linear algebra, probability theory);
• Experience with any modern front-end JS framework (Angular, React, Vue);
• B2 written and verbal English skills;
• Relevant higher education within computer engineering/development, or acquired competence through work experience that can compensate for higher education.
As a person you are:
• Appreciates self-management and takes initiative;
• Good collaboration skills;
• Help your colleagues, not because you have to, but because you feel like it;
• Have a high implementation capacity;
• Love to work with new technology and finding the optimal and innovative solutions.
• Experience from the sports betting industry;
• Familiarity with basic machine learning approaches;
• Experience or interest in data science algorithms;
• Understanding of probabilistic programming and some experience with pyMC or similar libraries;
• WebComponents application development;
• Experience with Event sourcing or CDC;
• Basic data visualization skills.
• We have established a very good working environment where we, among others, offer our employees flexible working hours, health-care benefits, professional courses and conferences, an option to choose equipment you need for work.
Where will you work and with whom:
• These days most of our team is working from home, however, our office is open for everyone preferring a common office space! In Lviv, we are 60 employees. Also, you’ll be working with our awesome team in Bergen (Norway). Our office is light and playful, located in the city center of Lviv. We even have a Playstation, table football, and a resting room. We’re a social and united team, who love what we do. We believe in doing great work, and have fun while doing so!
• At Scout, you will meet challenges, get your own responsibility areas and get the chance to grow your own carrier.
• You will be heavily involved in the development of world-leading solutions with some of the world’s largest iGaming and media companies as clients.
• You will get much trust, and team support to solve exciting challenges.
• Support and development of the projections endpoints;
• Build fast and reliable data pipelines;
• Build required internal tools;
• Be part of making new game concepts into a reality;
• Contribute to the system architecture and technical infrastructure;
• Сode implementation according to agreed architect and design solution;
• Сonfiguration, installation and maintenance of the applications;
• Work collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders;
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs;
• Create and maintain software documentation;
• Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and developments.
About us and our vision:
Our ambition is to be world leading in fantasy sports and pool betting — join our journey!
Our products are primarily targeted at large international partners and customers. The fantasy sports-and pool betting market is a rapidly growing market in Europe.
How fantasy games work: In fantasy sports, you are a manager for a team. Each player creates their own Fantasy team by “buying” real players (from any sport) and receives points according to how well the real players perform in the real matches/events.
Our products are already being used by millions of users, and Scout Gaming Group’s immodest ambition is to create the world`s best fantasy-and pooled betting solutions.
As a developer in Scout, you will be a big part of our journey towards this target.
Scout Gaming Group`s biggest advantage is a modern and solid technology. We have for example chosen to not support old browsers for the benefit of increased possibilities and higher user-friendliness. Our backend platform is built up as a modern web API for web and app clients, delivery from backend to end user works as a pure API-delivery, free of legacy and old-fashioned technology.
Node.js, Socket.io, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, GCP Kubernetes, Apache Kafka.
Not all technologies are used in all services, depending on your preference and experience you will work mostly with one-two domain areas. However, openness to work with various services and technologies will be considered a plus.