What you should know;
• Cloud computing in general — we utilize Google Cloud and some traditional hosting
• Basic understanding of network communication, routing, DNS, CDN, TCP/IP.
• Fair understanding of a typical REST stack. We use currently use Node/Express, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Nginx, CloudFlare, Python, Ruby
• Some experience with automation and containers. We use GKE as our main platform to host services, and Jenkins and Helm to automate our pipelines
• Be able to read and understand code.
• Relevant higher education within computer engineering/development, or acquired competence through work experience that can compensate for higher education
• Experience with Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, GCP Stackdriver, InfluxDB or similar tools
• Operational management processes (ITIL) and automation experience
• Cloud certifications
• Experience developing and managing highly available, secure, performant and dynamic infrastructures
• Having a interest in security principles
• We have established a very good working environment where we, among others, offer our employees flexible working hours, health-care benefits, professional courses and conferences, an option to choose equipment you need for work.
Where will you work and with whom:
• These days most of our team is working from home, however, our office is open for everyone preferring a common office space! In Lviv, we are 55 employees. Also, you’ll be working with our awesome team in Bergen (Norway). Our office is light and playful, located in the city center of Lviv. We even have a Playstation, table football, and a resting room. We’re a social and united team, who love what we do. We believe in doing great work, and have fun while doing so!
• At Scout, you will meet challenges, get your own responsibility areas and get the chance to grow your own carrier.
• You will be heavily involved in the development of world-leading solutions with some of the world’s largest iGaming and media companies as clients.
• You will get much trust, and team support to solve exciting challenges.
Day to day operation of our fantasy betting platform, including but not limited to:
• Maintain deployments, plan for maintenance, work together with developers in projects for new services to be deployed, review PRs from peers, evaluate security patches
• Analyze logs and trends
• Network operations — DNS entries, Firewalls, Traffic Routing
• Regular follow-up and testing of database backups/routines
• Assist HR with user and permission access
• Maintenance of alerts, resource requests, proposing solutions for decreasing cost and increasing safety
• Enable developers through: ad-hoc requests, offering solutions for them to be able to proceed with their work independently, teaching technology where the case: k8s, docker, linux, databases
On Call Duties:
• Personnel in the devops/sysops team share a rotation for on-call.
Scout Gaming Tech is looking to expand their DevOps/SysOps team with additional people. The team’s primary objective is running and maintaining the technical platform for the services we provide to our partners and end-users. We are also an important resource for our developers and architects, when it comes to input performance, design and scalability.
Scout is looking for a person that has the foundational skills, keen interest in technology and is able to work independently. We don’t expect you to know everything, but you will need the basic skills to be able to develop yourself on the job, so that your contribution to the company grows over time. You are of course not alone, the team works together so the team can deliver value to the company and itself.
Our ambition is to be world leading in fantasy sports and pool betting — join our journey!
Our products are primarily targeted at large international partners and customers. The fantasy sports-and pooled betting market is a rapidly growing market in Europe.
How fantasy games work: In fantasy sports, you are a manager for a team. Each player creates their own Fantasy team by “buying” real players (from any sport) and receives points according to how well the real players perform in the real matches/events.
Our products are already being used by millions of users, and Scout Gaming Group’s immodest ambition is to create the world`s best fantasy-and pooled betting solutions.
As a DevOps Engineer in Scout, you will be a big part of our journey towards this target.
Scout Gaming Group`s biggest advantage is a modern and solid technology. We have for example chosen to not support old browsers for the benefit of increased possibilities and higher user-friendliness. Our backend platform is built up as a modern web API for web and app clients, delivery from backend to end user works as a pure API-delivery, free of legacy and old-fashioned technology.
For the DevOps/SysOps team this means we outsource what we believe others do better than us, for example Kubernetes. But in other areas, we build and maintain the whole stack, for example our PostgreSQL clusters.