What you should have:
• Experience with Cloud deployments. We use primarily Google Compute Platform (GCP)
• At least basic understanding of networking, routing, DNS, CDN and other technologies that is the foundation of communication
• All good understanding of HTTP and REST
• Familiar with modern automation and deployment principles
• Familiar with Kubernetes, Helm, Jenkins
• Excellent knowledge of Linux
• Excellent knowledge of CI/CD and agile concepts such as SysOps
• Relevant higher education within computer engineering/development, or acquired competence through work experience that can compensate for higher education
• Be able to work alone, and in teams, and be self-driven in terms of finding areas where the team can improve
• Operational management processes (ITIL) and automation experience
• Cloud certifications
• Experience developing and managing highly available, secure, performant and dynamic infrastructures
• Focus on security
• We have established a very good working environment where we, among others, offer our employees flexible working hours, health-care benefits, professional courses and conferences, an option to choose equipment you need for work.
Where will you work and with whom:
• These days most of our team is working from home, however, our office is open for everyone preferring a common office space! In Lviv, we are 55 employees. Also, you’ll be working with our awesome team in Bergen (Norway). Our office is light and playful, located in the city center of Lviv. We even have a Playstation, table football, and a resting room. We’re a social and united team, who love what we do. We believe in doing great work, and have fun while doing so!
• At Scout, you will meet challenges, get your own responsibility areas and get the chance to grow your own carrier.
• You will be heavily involved in the development of world-leading solutions with some of the world’s largest iGaming and media companies as clients.
• You will get much trust, and team support to solve exciting challenges.
Day to day operation of our fantasy betting platform, including but not limited to:
• Maintain our GKE/Kubernetes clusters, Helm deployments and Jenkins pipelines
• Analyze logs and trends to look for areas of improvements
• Network operations — DNS entries, Firewalls, Traffic Routing
• Regular follow-up and testing of database backups/routines
• Access and permission management
• Timely reviews of our operating procedures, including but not limited to: Security Policy, Incident Management Response, Secure Development Policy. Propose changes to processes so we are better aligned with these.
• Maintaining the network infrastructure in the Bergen office, including: troubleshooting, proactive optimization.
• Maintenance of alerts, resource requests, proposing solutions for decreasing cost and increasing safety
• Enable developers through: ad-hoc requests, offering solutions for them to be able to proceed with their work independently, teaching technology where the case: k8s, docker, linux, databases
On Call Duties:
• Be within 15 minutes of a computer when on-call.
• Respond to alarms as the first line of defence when on call.
• Engage other developers (call them) when needed.
• Explicitly delegate on-call responsibilities to someone else when they cannot be performed due to objective causes.
• Help maintain a fair rotation of on-call within the SysOps team.
• Write an incident report when an incident occurs.
Our ambition is to be world leading in fantasy sports and pool betting — join our journey!
Our products are primarily targeted at large international partners and customers. The fantasy sports-and pooled betting market is a rapidly growing market in Europe.
How fantasy games work: In fantasy sports, you are a manager for a team. Each player creates their own Fantasy team by “buying” real players (from any sport) and receives points according to how well the real players perform in the real matches/events.
Our products are already being used by millions of users, and Scout Gaming Group’s immodest ambition is to create the world`s best fantasy-and pooled betting solutions.
As a SysOps in Scout, you will be a big part of our journey towards this target.
Scout Gaming Group`s biggest advantage is a modern and solid technology. We have for example chosen to not support old browsers for the benefit of increased possibilities and higher user-friendliness. Our backend platform is built up as a modern web API for web and app clients, delivery from backend to end user works as a pure API-delivery, free of legacy and old-fashioned technology.
For the SysOps team this means we outsource what we believe others do better than us, for example Kubernetes. But in other areas, we build and maintain the whole stack, for example our PostgreSQL clusters.