We’re looking for a skilled PHP Tech Lead Engineer who will share his/her expertise to create the best game experience for our players around the world. As a software engineer in Sciplay you will take a role in developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered, working along with business teams and management to collect requirements. You will work in one of the most leading social gaming companies worldwide in a company that offer learning & development opportunities to its engineers, including building your own career roadmap for your growth.
- Provide technical leadership for the team members.
- Provide and apply effective performance management processes and mechanisms in increasing team performance.
- Design and implement new features and enhance existing functionalities according to business requirements
- Analyze, identify, and eliminate bottlenecks and errors on the server-side and ensure efficiency and reliability of code
- Contribute to the product with new/innovative gameplay features and interfaces
- Suggest technical solutions for increasing product stability and performance if needed
- Analyze technical solutions for business problems/ideas/needs. Suggest alternatives with reasoning about their pros and cons
- 5+ years of relevant experience as PHP backend developer
- 2+ years experience in managing people and leading a team
- Strong knowledge of SOLID, OOP principles, and design patterns
- Experience in developing complex backend systems in PHP
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with SQL/ NoSQL Databases
- Experience working with continuous integration and delivery systems, code quality automation systems
- Proficiency in understanding an existing codebase, learning from it, and documenting/explaining when needed;
- Experience working in an Agile methodology
- Upper-intermediate English
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Practical experience with high-load systems
- Experience with AWS, containers (Docker), Kubernetes
- Social package: paid vacation and sick leaves;
- Insurance coverage;
- Conferences compensation;
- Recommendation bonuses;
- Regular team buildings and other events;
- Friendly environment.