We are looking for a Documentation Engineer with experience in technical and API documentation. As a member of our development team, you bring in new ideas to make our product easier usable. You can also concentrate on user experience. You need to document and test new features, give feedback on usability and stability and recommend changes for a better user experience.
You will talk to developers directly on a daily basis to give feedback and to get information of new features/bug fixes.
What you´ll do:
- Creating developer documentation (REST-API — (optionally test it).
- Create documentation including API-Call examples based on the product’s feature set.
- Creating admin documentation.
- Keep the complete documentation up to date.
- Writing release notes.
- Setting up Q&A.
- Presenting D1 product in demos.
- Internal product training.
Skillset — Must have:
- Passion in writing documentation.
- Good English skills (written and spoken) — (company language).
- Experience with:
- Writing technical documentation of software products.
- Agile toolset and programming practices (Scrum).
- Markdown (and HTML).
- Swagger / REST API.
- Creating documentation videos.
- Text editors.
Skillset — Nice to have (priority decreasing):
- Ticketing system (preferred Jira)
- OpenSource documentation tools like (e.g. docsify, gitbook, Read the Docs,...)
- Understanding concepts of DMS systems
- Document-Management and Document-Type (pdf, images, ...) knowledge.