We are looking for an engineer who can help us develop a fully automated build and deployment process on the Google Cloud Platform. Skills: Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx, Elastic stack,Kafka,Git,Jenkins,Maven,OS & Server management, organization and communications skills.
About client: “Our client mission is to revolutionise how cruise companies are going to handle their fleet operation in the years ahead, incorporating new cloud technologies and giving both shore-side and onboard teams a single platform to communicate as one voice” Discover a new generation of cloud based software for cruise ships!
• Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure.
• Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers.
• Work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
• Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
• Test and examining code written by others and analysing results.
• Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
• Identify technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’.
• Work with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
• Plan out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
• Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration
• Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
• Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
• Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
• Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently
• Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
• Experience developing engineering applications for a large corporation.
• Demonstrated project development and leadership skills.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferred
• Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
• Advanced education and application of business analysis techniques and
• Experience with software engineering and customer experience preferred
• Experience working together with teams from several departments to
facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
• Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with
various operating systems and their implications
• Professional work experience in team building and project organization
• In depth experience design and deploying software automation in the google
Cloud and Amazon Cloud Environments.
Applicants should be proficient in the following technologies:
• Elastic stack
• OS & Server management
What we offer:
• A competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and success-based bonuses;
• 25 days of paid vacation, plus another additional day after 2 and 4 years (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!);
• 2 Impact Days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society — one for an individual project of your choice and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility;
• Find your best way to work with our remote-led, office-friendly approach;
• Working framework to suit your needs;
• Annual personal development budget for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.;
• Regular company and team events (COVID/War permitting);
• English lessons in groups.